tftp firmware upgrade stuck on "Completed file transmit"

p3k074

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Several times I have successfully used the Trendnet camera rescue methods by uploading the firmware via tftp in the same way as for Hikvision cameras.
The cameras started working :) Most Trendnet camera is same as Hikvision just diffrent branding and cover i think :)

1681508562380.jpg

1681507400003.jpg

Unfortunately, the first time I have a problem with completing the update so that the camera starts.

The model is TV-IP316PI and unfortunately every time the process ends with "Completed file transmit" without last step "Device system update completed!"

2023-04-14 23_20_36-Ustawienia.png

At this point, the camera disconnects (you can see it after the ping command) and the process does not end.

There are two red LEDs on the camera.

After it the camera turn on but cant find it on network.

I tried all firmware versions available for this model:

unfortunately the result is the same every time.

It would be great to save it so that it works :) On the housing next to the SD slot there is a connector (probably technical UART) but I can't find anywhere a list of which pins have what markings :(

1681508607434.jpg

Has anyone encountered this problem in Hikvision models and managed to fix it somehow?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the housing next to the SD slot there is a connector (probably technical UART) but I can't find anywhere a list of which pins have what markings :(
I'd expect the pinouts to be as per this example :

To connect to the serial console you'd need :
A serial TTL to USB convertor, such as a PL2303TA-based device.
A 4-pin 1.5mm ZH JST connector, usually sold in 10-packs.

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

as alastairstevenson wrote You can use console pinout from Hikvision and it's working (can confirm in 100% based on my expierence with Trendnet cams)
Then You will get access to console and will see what happening on camera after FW download.
From console You can also download firmware (like on Hikvision cameras).
You will see something about firmware mismatch or CRC error.
Probably someone before You put bad firmware file to camera and now You have to try install stock Trendnet fw or if it will fail, try install Hikvision fw from similar Hik cam.