Testing out a New BEAST

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is a Dahua auto tracking 2mp, 30x, BEAST. I'm testing it out right now. I can say that it has one of the best images I've seen so far. Very crisp and vivid. It is very smooth in response and the zoom is incredible. It has a windshield wiper on it that works amazing. I'm trying to figure out the auto tracking feature, but all in all, it is a very nice camera. Oh yea, it is HUGE! LOL.

photo23-2.jpg

photo13-3.jpg

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! You going to show us some videos or what ;)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Once I figure out the auto tracking settings :)

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And I know just the spot for one of those on my dream home ;)

Anyway. Looks like fun to test that type of equipment and explore what it is capable of.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. That really looks like a fantastic camera. The zoom response and focus are amazing.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that's great, the zoom is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up auto tracking, but I'm having trouble accessing one of the tabs in the menu. The camera does have scheduled tasks, different types of auto tracking and options, and other options that the other PTZ's do not have. It is a bit pricey, but for a high end customer willing to pay for the best, this PTZ has it!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that is really nice; cant wait to see what autotracking performance is like.. Ive seen some solutions before and the've been less than impressive.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me in, lol. That is one superb picture. Possibly the best I've seen. The wiper is wild. Even though the zoom goes to digital, it's still amazing to see how far that sucker can zoom. I mean that far off apartment building is how far you figure? Amazing.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the auto tracking consistently produces that kind of results that'd be pretty impressive.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You don't just draw an area and hit start. There are a whole bunch of settings and rules. It's picking up pretty decent on a regular basis, but I still need to tweak it some. Unfortunately, this will be taken out in a few days and installed somewhere. It's too expensive for me to just sit on it and demo it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats pretty damn cool; thanks for sharing... can you take a screenshot of the Autotracking settings so we know what your dealing with?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Smooth tracking. Very nice. There's a lot of settings to tweak in that camera. It has a number of priorities, even object removal such as bags and packages. Pretty slick, but it takes fine tuning. I was impressed to see how much you can do with tracking. Very cool.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock has remote access to it so he can see what I'm talking about. I'll take some screen shots later tonight.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is not an LPR camera and with IR's on, most likely you will not see the plates.