Terrorist attack?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont see those auto trigger locks around here too much anymore.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I have never been to a gas station without them. Maybe it's a warmer climate thing where they are gone but no way is anyone standing outside where it snows holding the pump without also rioting against it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We've had a number of Teslas got up in smoke, and I mean burned down to the rims. GM had to recall ALL of their new model cars because of battery problems. I really don't think electric technology, battery powered, is really ready for widespread use yet.

Someone posted that a new all electric fire truck is out. Problem with that is it has a diesel engine to extend the range, doesn't pump nearly as much water as a combustion powered fire engine and costs $300,000 or so more. Keep in mind that a base level firetruck is in the $500,000 range to begin with. I'll bet liberal cities will be rushing out, taxpayer dollars in hand, to buy them and watch the fires in their cities get worse.

Reaction score
Gas pump nozzles in California are equipped with a vapor-recovery device, it amounts to a fat, rubber, spring-loaded corrugated sheath over the nozzle that prevents the dispensing of fuel unless the rubber portion is compressed significantly and relatively well-sealed against the filler neck. You could never achieve that feat that the dude in China pulled off. I thought such devices were more widespread.
On the downside, it makes filling a plastic gas can a real challenge sometimes, but I guess I shouldn't worry, California will probably be banning gasoline in the next decade :confused:

Reaction score
We've had a number of Teslas got up in smoke, and I mean burned down to the rims. GM had to recall ALL of their new model cars because of battery problems. I really don't think electric technology, battery powered, is really ready for widespread use yet.

Someone posted that a new all electric fire truck is out. Problem with that is it has a diesel engine to extend the range, doesn't pump nearly as much water as a combustion powered fire engine and costs $300,000 or so more. Keep in mind that a base level firetruck is in the $500,000 range to begin with. I'll bet liberal cities will be rushing out, taxpayer dollars in hand, to buy them and watch the fires in their cities get worse.
then they will blame climate change for the higher level of fire damage, and demand MORE ELECTRIC FIRE TRUCKS.
EDIT: Wait---- what thread is this??? LOL

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score

they will let the taxpayer invest in new fire depts after they bought a few electric trucks

imagine you are in the bus and trying to save the planet
it caught fire so fast no way out

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Jesus Christ! we have one moron behind a counter selling Lottery tickets, and cigarettes, there will not be 8 guys with fire extinguishers coming to the rescue! the whole neighborhood will burn down in the USA......
Same in the UK. Unmanned except for a single cashier.

Always been banned on safety grounds in the UK. Over here the moment you stop pressing the trigger the flow cuts off.

The battery bike is crazy, so right now China require all e-bike have to put at opening place outdoor.
There has lots of accidenet the battery car explosion in China too, burn other cars nearby.
View attachment 112675
I think China manufacturers are learning now what tesla and other Western brands did early on, that making safe battery packs for cars is an art. I beleive it's a little known that tesla battery packs have heaters for winter and active cooling fans in summer specifically to prevent overheating / poor cold performance.

The fire risk will probably be alleviated though by newer battery technologies. LiOn isn't ideal for situations where it can get hot. I believe one of the best techs is Water Iron Battery technology although the weight of these makes them unsuitable for cars but ideal for home storage - it basically uses rust and rust reversal as a storage means for the power. The use of power causes the iron to rust and the application of charge reverses the rusting, at least as I understand it. needs less to say, iron and water isn't very flammable (unless you live in Pensylvania)! (at least allegedly).

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They should just assign a Karen to be a passenger on every electric bus. That way in the event of a battery fire she could do what she does best, and create an hypoxic environment .. sucking the air out of the (room) bus, saving everyone concerned and rehabilitating her PR problem in one fell swoop. It's a win win...at least it is during and after. Not so much prior to any disaster.