Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You probably can get it working with a relay switch

I haven't seen anyone tried it yet but I think it possible.
These smart doorbell variants can only use a mechanical door chime and we like our electric digital door chime so I made an interface with an Arduino nano, 30 amp relay, ACS712 Current Sensor, and an ac to dc convertor so my LaView smart doorbell can control the electric door chime. I used a 16 vac 30va transformer to power doorbell, chime, arduino, relay, and etc.

The way it works is when you press the door bell button, the Arduino will sense the current change on doorbell circuit then the Arduino will activate the relay for 10 seconds to drives the electric door chime.

1613485062880.png

Everything hides under this cover.

1613485074611.png

Last edited:

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I switched back to the latest Hik-Connect app from the Uniden One app. At least I get notifications when someone pushes the button now. Although, I have to check the notification box on my iPhone homescreen to launch the app so I can see who is at the door and then accept or decline the call. This seems to be an unnecessary added step to me but, oh well. I didn't try the LTS Connect or GuardingVision apps yet. The Nelly's post regarding the new rules and the overall cumbersome nature of resetting the doorbell up from scratch made me a little hesitant to try the different apps.
On another note, I accessed the doorbell configuration screens at via the local web address and set/saved the motion area settings and arming schedule. The boxes in the area settings are much smaller than the settings found in the app. However, I definitely do not have the road in front of my house highlighted in either the app or web config but I still get notifications when a car drives by. Also, I have the time between 5 and 9am white and all other times blue in the arming schedule but still get notification recordings for the time I have excluded between 5 & 9. Anyone else find the whole motion settings non-effective? On a final note, the Hik-Connect app motion playback always stops halfway through and I have to slide the playback past halfway to continue to the end of the recording. The Hik-Connect app always did this while the Uniden did not. What's up with that?

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I switched back to the latest Hik-Connect app from the Uniden One app. At least I get notifications when someone pushes the button now. Although, I have to check the notification box on my iPhone homescreen to launch the app so I can see who is at the door and then accept or decline the call. This seems to be an unnecessary added step to me but, oh well. I didn't try the LTS Connect or GuardingVision apps yet. The Nelly's post regarding the new rules and the overall cumbersome nature of resetting the doorbell up from scratch made me a little hesitant to try the different apps.
On another note, I accessed the doorbell configuration screens at via the local web address and set/saved the motion area settings and arming schedule. The boxes in the area settings are much smaller than the settings found in the app. However, I definitely do not have the road in front of my house highlighted in either the app or web config but I still get notifications when a car drives by. Also, I have the time between 5 and 9am white and all other times blue in the arming schedule but still get notification recordings for the time I have excluded between 5 & 9. Anyone else find the whole motion settings non-effective? On a final note, the Hik-Connect app motion playback always stops halfway through and I have to slide the playback past halfway to continue to the end of the recording. The Hik-Connect app always did this while the Uniden did not. What's up with that?
What firmware are you using?

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
V1.4.62 build 171225
Try a different firmware. After upgrading to new firmware, manually restore default setting for fully
upgrade.

Newest version is V1.4.62 build 180809 ftp:/ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Technical%20Materials/07%20%20Video%20Intercom/00%20%20Product%20Firmware/Wi-Fi%20Doorbell%20(EOL)/DS-KB6403%20&%20KB6003/

Copy and paste that link into your browser.

I'm using Nelly firmware.

Last edited:

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try a different firmware. After upgrading to new firmware, manually restore default setting for fully
upgrade.

Newest version is V1.4.62 build 180809 ftp:/ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Technical%20Materials/07%20%20Video%20Intercom/00%20%20Product%20Firmware/Wi-Fi%20Doorbell%20(EOL)/DS-KB6403%20&%20KB6003/

I'm using Nelly firmware.
I've read that that 180726 firmware had some bugs. Also, 180809 had some annoying ding sound problems at the doorbell. Unless I know that I'm not getting myself into more issues than I currently have, I think I will stay with this firmware. That's why I never upgraded knowing full well there were updates available. I would rather have notification playback that needs to be re-started halfway through than "occasionally skip video for a few seconds and occasionally even detects and record no video even thou there was a person right in front of the door for just a few seconds". I have had Nelly's 171218, LTK 180720, Nelly's 180726, and Hik 180809 all downloaded but never installed due to comments on this thread.

I appreciate the help though. Could you let me know if the issues I described in my last post do not show up in your firmware? Also, does your firmware cause the doorbell to make annoying ding sounds or exhibit skipped video/missed events?

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've readthat that 180726 firmware had some bugs. Also, 180809 had some annoying ding sound problems at the doorbell. Unless I know that I'm not getting myself into more issues than I currently have, I think I will stay with this firmware. That's why I never upgraded knowing full well there were updates available. I would rather have notification playback that needs to be re-started halfway through than "occasionally skip video for a few seconds and occasionally even detects and record no video even thou there was a person right in front of the door for just a few seconds". I have had Nelly's 171218, LTK 180720, Nelly's 180726, and Hik 180809 all downloaded but never installed due to comments on this thread.

I appreciate the help though. Could you let me know if the issues I described in my last post do not show up in your firmware? Also, does your firmware cause the doorbell to make annoying ding sounds or exhibit skipped video/missed events?
The only way to know if the firmware will for your situation is to test them all out. The La View firmware seems to best for motion pick up but La View firmware isn't downloadable anywhere.

annoying ding sounds
I'm afraid I can't help you there as I programmed an Arduino to monitor current change on my door bell to activate my digital doorchime which is not officially supported. I can program the Arduino however I want to ring the bell. (Ring once, ring twice, ring until someone press a button to stop, ring until someone flip a switch, and, etc)

exhibit skipped video/missed events
Afraid I can't help either. I found a way to manually set the IP and DNS thru the LaView Net software and disabled it's internet connection as I saw the UDP connection this doorbell makes to Tencent server in China.
All my footage go to the NVR.

Last edited:

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Found a version of firmware by Clare, dated 181026

I can manually set IP address if I use remote configuration inside LaView Net software

This is annoying. Every time I upgrade the firmware, the device gives me a 30 minutes time out before I can log back into the web interface.

Even though the Clare have the latest date, the encoding and web version is old. Also, with Clare firmware, remote configuration isn't possible on mobile device, it just time out.

Clare 181026
1611230782617.png

Hikvision 180809

1611230808473.png

LTK 180720
1611230828253.png

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No 30 minutes time out for 171201 firmware. Yes, you can set it to 22 FPS, but one look of the video feed you know it's doing 3 FPS at best.
1611233771103.png
1611233816445.png

Last edited:

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For $50, I bought this EOL door bell LaView variant a month ago due to its advertised features: ac powered, can be used with NVR, no subscription cost, can ring existing chime, 2mp camera, 2.4ghz wifi, etc.

I know I'm way late to the party, but here are some of the things I found,

1. Some firmware won't join to hidden SSID. You have to unhide the SSID then join it, the hide the SSID and camera will stay connected.
2. Needs good power source for wifi to work good. 16VAC 10VA transformer might not be enough for the doorbell and mechanical door chime. I use a 16VAC 30VA transformer.
3. Only works with certain mechanical door chime. Doesn't work with digital chime at all out of the box but there is a work around. I added an arduino with relay to monitor current used by the doorbell then control my digital chime.
4. Static IP address can only be set with LaView Net or iVMS4200
5. ONVIF/website works with later firmware
6. The doorbell communicates with Tencent servers. I set a firewall rule at my router to disable the port
7. No way to disable IR in software, have to unplug the two plugs inside the unit.

Even with the IR flaw, I think the hardware are pretty solid.
It's too bad the firmware is a total mess. 30 minutes lock, lack of options, lack of adjustability, needs multiple interface to change settings; web, mobile, laview net/iVMS4200, can't access sd card from web, the list goes on and on.

This product would have been great with a decent firmware. With the buggy firmware, it's just mediocre.

Last edited:

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I switched back to the latest Hik-Connect app from the Uniden One app. At least I get notifications when someone pushes the button now. Although, I have to check the notification box on my iPhone homescreen to launch the app so I can see who is at the door and then accept or decline the call. This seems to be an unnecessary added step to me but, oh well.
updated iOS last week, my LTS app got updated yesterday, and lo-and-behold, just a black screen when the post was delivered this morning, so once again i can't see whose at the door before actually answering the phone.

have to do the switcheroo back to Hik-Connect or Uniden and see if they still provide live view before answering. the actions you describe above was how it was working initially and I was fine with that. no view at all defeats the entire purpose...do they test these apps before releasing updates? smh...i wonder if its something to do with my setup...but you had the same issue as well...shrug

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just a quick note to say hit-connect received an update today, and amongst the new settings is one called "Auto Answer" that initiates the connection with the doorbell without giving you the chance to view who is there. this is enabled by default for some reason, so i switched it back to off.

for either option you still have to slide the button on the lock screen when receiving a call from the doorbell. maybe this is something to do with the lock screen settings, but it is bearable for now---you can still choose whether or not to answer the call before actually answering it.

another option lets you turn off the "supplement light" or set it to auto, as well as the max luminance. I'm assuming this means the IR light, which some people wanted to turn off a long time ago in this thread.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just a quick note to say hit-connect received an update today, and amongst the new settings is one called "Auto Answer" that initiates the connection with the doorbell without giving you the chance to view who is there. this is enabled by default for some reason, so i switched it back to off.

for either option you still have to slide the button on the lock screen when receiving a call from the doorbell. maybe this is something to do with the lock screen settings, but it is bearable for now---you can still choose whether or not to answer the call before actually answering it.

another option lets you turn off the "supplement light" or set it to auto, as well as the max luminance. I'm assuming this means the IR light, which some people wanted to turn off a long time ago in this thread.
I just downloaded and installed the Hik Connect app V4.15.0.0609 on my S21 but unable to see new settings? My device version is V1.4.62 build 171225 though. Do you think updating the firmware to one of Nelly's latest will help?

Been using this device for 3 years now with full time recording on Hikvision and now on Amcrest NVR with no complaints.
Only issue I've been trying to figure out is the 30minute lock out when trying to log in remotely? Never had this problem until a few months ago or possibly when I upgraded my router?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m on 4.15.0.1167978 on my iPhone. I noticed the auto answer yesterday and turned it off. I don’t see any supplemental light settings. My firmware is 1.4.62 171225. I also get locked out when accessing the camera web page even when I’m on my LAN. Haven’t tried troubleshooting yet. Might be browser related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
same version iOS app as TimTech, but my doorbell firmware is 1.4.62 180515. i can't see any supplemental light settings either (sorry, was just going off the update notes for that one), but the settings page has a few more items, including Custom Audio Management, which I assume means you can record/upload your own busy message (don't recall seeing this before)

i also got locked out for 30 mins last week while on the same LAN...thought i entered the password wrong as I was logging in for the first time from a different computer...although the doorbell was still visible as normal in my other cam apps. even now back on the regular computer it is finicky trying to log into the ip address directly, or through the NVR camera config page, and says "Invalid user name or password" despite the password being the same as I have always used...wonder if something has changed at the back end...

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, you both are using IOS so that may be the difference? Google Playstore no longer offers Hikconnect app and I have to go directly to Hikvision to update my S21 & Tab S7 devices. I did own an Ipad for awhile and will say it performed better with the Hikvision app vs my Android phone but I've now come to learn it is a Samsung issue not Android.
So far this is day 3 of not receiving "The device is locked with the minute count down or try again in 30 minutes". I'm suspecting my Orbi satellite was causing the issue but still working on confirming it.

Ehab Saad

n3wb
Reaction score
I need some help please. I've had this doorbell (RCA brand) for the past 3 years working great (using Nelly's 180726) but Thursday it stopped working. It completely disappeared from my hik connect app and when I go to hik connect website it's no longer there. I've tried resetting it, changing firmware, nothing. I go through the app to add the device, it gets to activating then says activating failed. However, I can still navigate to it using the web browser, so it appears to be connected, but I cannot get it to link to my hik connect account. Even manually adding it using serial number and verification code gives an error saying invalid verification code. Any help would be appreciated.

ALSO, when I try to install the latest 180809 from hikvision europe portal, it says file mismatch and upgrade fails. (I am located in Canada if that makes a difference).

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need some help please. I've had this doorbell (RCA brand) for the past 3 years working great (using Nelly's 180726) but Thursday it stopped working. It completely disappeared from my hik connect app and when I go to hik connect website it's no longer there. I've tried resetting it, changing firmware, nothing. I go through the app to add the device, it gets to activating then says activating failed. However, I can still navigate to it using the web browser, so it appears to be connected, but I cannot get it to link to my hik connect account. Even manually adding it using serial number and verification code gives an error saying invalid verification code. Any help would be appreciated.

ALSO, when I try to install the latest 180809 from hikvision europe portal, it says file mismatch and upgrade fails. (I am located in Canada if that makes a difference).
Pretty sure if you performed a factory reset you should not be able to remote login with a browser until you activate with the app? Make sure you delete the doorbell completely from the app before trying to activate it again. I think I recall this happening when not deleting the device from the app? I've had instances when resetting the doorbell having the app say failed to connect or the counter times out only to find out it logged into the Hik server. When resetting I think you you have to hear "Start configuring WiFi" and then "the device is registered" or "the doorbell is running" or something along those?