Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is happy with their night vision image or if all of these cams have the same spots on the image. I have taken it apart to clean it but it did not seem to help.

This is a shame because the daytime image is great.

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I unplugged the IR leds. Video at night was garbage before I did this.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

socrbrian

n3wb
Reaction score
If people are trying to figure out 2-way audio on blue iris, I think I found the answer in this video's comments -
1. Go to camera properties
2. Go to the video tab and select configure
3. Change the Make to HikVision and the model to DS-2CDxxxRTSP
4. Change the path to /h264/ch01/main/av_stream
5. RTSP Port should be 554 and ONVIF Port should be 80

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is the ver 180809 from here for this camera as well?
ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Access%20Control%20&%20Video%20Intercom/Firmware/Video%20Intercom/IP%20Door%20Bells/Wi-Fi%20Door%20Bell/

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
I grabbed one when they had it for $39 a couple of weeks ago. Worth it for me!

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
no issues? you happy with the video quality?

quick notifcations?

have u disabled the IRs?
I have not disabled the IR LEDs. My lighting is quite bright. I keep it off in the summer. I may have to disable them.
Notifications don't work the Uniden app. They do after a fresh install. Seen the cam is offline message twice. Last time I saw it I logged out the app and re-logged and it was online.
Love the video quality! I have excellent Wifi with an Asus RT AC86U about 5ft away.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not disabled the IR LEDs. My lighting is quite bright. I keep it off in the summer. I may have to disable them.
Notifications don't work the Uniden app. They do after a fresh install.
Love the video quality! I have excellent Wifi with an Asus RT AC86U about 5ft away.
how are you getting notifications?

Reaction score
I have been through many pages of this thread, but admittedly not every single one. I am hoping the experts here will have some mercy on me for not reading the thousands of posts for these two answers:
  1. I am using a 16V/40VA plug-in transformer to power two NSC-DB1 doorbells. I am having power issues with only one of my doorbells that I was attributing to water getting inside. But, I have seen references to people getting more powerful transformers. What was been the reason for these transformer upgrades? Should I consider it?
  2. Has anyone come up with a good solution for keeping water out of this doorbell? It sounded like @Chadsturgill found the source of the water leak, but I didn’t see any solution to prevent it. The water has become a really big issue for one of my two doorbells (the other is under a covered front porch and isn’t exposed).
Thanks,
Shane

Reaction score
I have been through many pages of this thread, but admittedly not every single one. I am hoping the experts here will have some mercy on me for not reading the thousands of posts for these two answers:
  1. I am using a 16V/40VA plug-in transformer to power two NSC-DB1 doorbells. I am having power issues with only one of my doorbells that I was attributing to water getting inside. But, I have seen references to people getting more powerful transformers. What was been the reason for these transformer upgrades? Should I consider it?
  2. Has anyone come up with a good solution for keeping water out of this doorbell? It sounded like @Chadsturgill found the source of the water leak, but I didn’t see any solution to prevent it. The water has become a really big issue for one of my two doorbells (the other is under a covered front porch and isn’t exposed).
Folks have been recommending a 30VA transformer for a single doorbell install, and that's slightly overkill for a single device, but excess capacity is always a good thing. For two doorbells, 40VA might possibly be insufficient, depending on the activity occurring. If someone simultaneously activates both doorbells, it might not be enough.

Reaction score
Folks have been recommending a 30VA transformer for a single doorbell install, and that's slightly overkill for a single device, but excess capacity is always a good thing. For two doorbells, 40VA might possibly be insufficient, depending on the activity occurring. If someone simultaneously activates both doorbells, it might not be enough.
Thanks for the information. Even though I have two doorbells, I am noticing intermittent power issues with one of them even when nothing is activated. It seems to short (and power cycle) occasionally when I press the doorbell button, but I am guessing it has more to do with the water inside it than an under-powered transformer. Maybe the DB1 just isn't cut out for the Chicago rain.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Even though I have two doorbells, I am noticing intermittent power issues with one of them even when nothing is activated. It seems to short (and power cycle) occasionally when I press the doorbell button, but I am guessing it has more to do with the water inside it than an under-powered transformer. Maybe the DB1 just isn't cut out for the Chicago rain.
you need to make sure to update to the firmware 180726, the latest to have a stable performance. i am using a 16v 30va transformer for both db1s. i did also experience the same reboot problem when i pressed the doorbell button on one of the doorbell. the only way to solve this is to order a power board from August. you need to search this thread to go to August website to order it. see the image for installation.
i ordered 2 of these August Power Boards and installed each on to the chime. no problem at all for more than a year. I also got two similar boards from RCA but their didn't work as expected.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get this doorbell to work with a newer digital chime?
I had no luck with a digital chime or a relay to fire the digital chime. (I tried 4 or 5 different configurations and multiple chimes and relays).

I did upgrade to the RCA 3MP and had the digital chime working as well as relay working (for integration with my HA system) within 5 minutes with the supplied chime adapter box.