Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2) Don't really want video feeds/alerts going to cloud service. Want to keep them inside my firewall, not accessible from WAN. Only accessible from within LAN (or over VPN)
You only need it to go online during initial setup, it will work fine without internet access after that (set router to block net access for that fixed IP), you will have to rely on BI for all the push notifications and motion detection though

• All require cloud service
  • see #2 above
  • All can be flashed when new firmware is released
  • Yes
  • Can Wireless IP be set manually (i.e. not through my router DHCP)?
  • Yes, through devices's web portal
What you missed, Wifi signal really suck. Be prepared to A) Locate router near door (within 5 ft), B) same as A but with a repeater/mesh, C) multi antenna router, run a antenna extension cable to near the door. You having a concerte block wall may be even more critical as most of us are only going through wood frame external wall and aluminum/vinyl siding

see some answers in the quote block

Last edited:

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FWIW, in the two weeks I have had my RCA HSDB1 connected (and on the 180726 firmware) I have not seen any WiFi-related issues. I have two Ubiquity UniFi access points in the house--one upstairs and one in the basement. The HSDB1 is on the main level in between them, behind a brick veneer. These devices don't seem to report their WiFi signal strength (unless I've missed it somewhere) but the UniFi controller software shows the doorbell has a strong connection with my basement AP.

So I think it just depends on your individual setup. You'll have to connect it up in its final location and then evaluate if the doorbell exhibits any WiFi issues.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im on the Uniden version with the same set up since I am in a split level home, and also have two UniFi AP Pros, but the doorbell is actining up now and then. But i am not on that version. Is there a manual way to update instead of waiting for the version to come down from the cloud to the cam?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im on the Uniden version with the same set up since I am in a split level home, and also have two UniFi AP Pros, but the doorbell is actining up now and then. But i am not on that version. Is there a manual way to update instead of waiting for the version to come down from the cloud to the cam?
Through the device's web portal

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, that I know as well, I was referring to to get the latest file so I can update it? I tried googling, but didnt come up with anyting.
Try Nelly's security site, there maybe a link to a drop box pages back here too

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings. Are you running Uniden build 171225 and can you confirm if you have the "subscriber not available" message before your update. I am on 171225 and do not have the message. I have avoided upgrading to 180726 because of this post where @Mconigs78 claims the message is present after the update. So I am not messing with mine until I see reason to do so. The Onvif compatibility seems like a nice perk, but not if the subscriber message comes with it.

Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings. Are you running Uniden build 171225 and can you confirm if you have the "subscriber not available" message before your update. I am on 171225 and do not have the message. I have avoided upgrading to 180726 because of this post where @Mconigs78 claims the message is present after the update. So I am not messing with mine until I see reason to do so. The Onvif compatibility seems like a nice perk, but not if the subscriber message comes with it.

I will have to check tomorrow and get back to you.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I believe there are two different messages people are talking about. In the past, if you didn't respond to a doorbell push notification, the doorbell would play the "subscriber not available" message. This has been removed in 180726 (at least it doesn't occur with my RCA).

What the RCA does do (and what others have described) is play a "subscriber is busy" (or similar wording) message if you decline the call (which requires opening the app). Have you tested both scenarios with your Uniden?

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like I might be switching back to my good ol' Ring Pro.
The notifications on the DB1 are crazy. I've set the sensitivity to 1 and the zone was mapped on the online portal and even tried within the app, and still.
I get 100+ notifications per day and when I look, it is a car that is passing by on the street, which is NOT in my motion zone. The wife is tired of the app draining her battery because of all of these notifications... :(

Attachments

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like I might be switching back to my good ol' Ring Pro.
The notifications on the DB1 are crazy. I've set the sensitivity to 1 and the zone was mapped on the online portal and even tried within the app, and still.
I get 100+ notifications per day and when I look, it is a car that is passing by on the street, which is NOT in my motion zone. The wife is tired of the app draining her battery because of all of these notifications... :(
Try the RCA security app before you give up, it has the smaller zone like the web portal. I have found that it seem to work better than either the web-portal or the regular hikconnect app. The biggest false positive are still bugs+IR or headlights at night but it has cut down alot for me personally.

I always make sure new tech are working to my satisfaction before I "deploy" them to my wife. Less headache that way and less resistance to new tech in the future

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try the RCA security app before you give up, it has the smaller zone like the web portal. I have found that it seem to work better than either the web-portal or the regular hikconnect app. The biggest false positive are still bugs+IR or headlights at night but it has cut down alot for me personally.

I always make sure new tech are working to my satisfaction before I "deploy" them to my wife. Less headache that way and less resistance to new tech in the future
Thanks, will give the RCA app a shot, as well as the LTS one, just because lol

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried on the RCA app and for whatever reason when I go to Draw Motion Detection Area, it comes back with "Image load failed. Please live view and return to try again", so I try that, but it doesnt actually load the image....

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just tried on the RCA app and for whatever reason when I go to Draw Motion Detection Area, it comes back with "Image load failed. Please live view and return to try again", so I try that, but it doesnt actually load the image....
I had that happened before, but the next day it was fine, not sure why either. What firmware are you on? It happened to me when I was on 180728

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am actually on 180726
That's the version I meant, try again later or tomorrow, or rebooting the doorbell? Mine started loading fine again next day after I got that error... Shrug