Swann SRNHD-815CAM default IP address

Nhatrang

n3wb
Reaction score
My Swann NVR just died after 16 months. I would like to use these cameras to add to my Hikvision NVR. Try the default ip 192.0.0.64 with no luck at all. Could any one know the default ip address for this camera, Swann SRNHD-815CAM, 3MP. Thanks in advance.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, long shot, do they have the little reset button on the back? if so then press and hold THEN insert a cable that will provide power, should reset them to default and you should be able to find them.. hopefully

Nhatrang

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, long shot, do they have the little reset button on the back? if so then press and hold THEN insert a cable that will provide power, should reset them to default and you should be able to find them.. hopefully
Done that already.
Thanks for your replies.
Could you know the default IP for this Swann SRNHD-815CAM? I searched all over Google for a couple of days with no luck.

Nhatrang

n3wb
Reaction score
So with the NVR dead, how are you powering the cameras?
What is the state of the link detect and the activity lights on the switch/router port that you have plugged the camera in to?
Thanks for your reply,
I have a PoE Switch. When i put Hikvision camera into PoE switch, the SADP "see" that camera, but nothing happen when I put the Swann camera.
That is why I want to know the default IP for these cameras so I can change my Local Area Network to match this IP camera so I can change the IP to something like 192.168.1.xxx

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So does the Swann camera activate a link detect light and activity light (and does it flash) when plugged in?

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The camera defaults to a static IP address of 192.0.0.64

That's all I can find

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
That's the ip I have tried so many times. Not working.
you will not be able to connect to that ip unless your pc is on the same subnet...there are threads discussing how to do this...

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
use the same switch, plug in the cameras and also a computer, set the ip on the computer to be 192.0.0.1 and see if you can see them

Nhatrang

n3wb
Reaction score
use the same switch, plug in the cameras and also a computer, set the ip on the computer to be 192.0.0.1 and see if you can see them
Done that already, can't see the camera. That's why i think the default ip for this Swann cam is not 192.0.0.64
Called Swann CS and they declined to help because I don't use the Swann NVR any longer.
Thanks for all your replies.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, get hold of amgryip scanner or the like and using the same little network, scan the lot for live and see what it brings up, could take a while...

Keithm001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nhatrang. Do you know the PoE mode of the Hikvision NVR? I ask because there are 2 modes for PoE. Mode A or Mode B. Each mode apply the required voltage to different pins on the RJ45, so if the wrong mode is being fed to your Swann camera I suspect there could be serious issues. I am thinking of no longer using my Swann NVR because I am unhappy with the software & user interface. Swann support are not very pro-active to resolve various issues with their software. So I need to confirm the correct mode to determine the correct PoE to purchase. If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful.

Reaction score
Hey NhaTrang, I'm trying to do the same thing. Swann NVR died and replaced the NVR with HikVision. Regarding the IP address of the Swann IP camera, a few things I found today:
1. My Swann camera model is SRNHD-815CAM.
2. I plugged the Swann camera directly into the HikVision NVR to power it up together with plugging my laptop into the same 8 x PoE ports on the Hik-NVR. Going into Hik-NVR Camera settings, I see that the Hik-NVR is showing "Detecting: message on the screen.
3. Pre-download a Windows IP tool call "Network Pinger" and extract it to my laptop.
4. Assign my laptop a static IP address of 172.16.1.2, 255.255.255.0 and do a Ping Sweep (range 172.16.1.1 to 172.16.1.254) - using Network Pinger tool >> This step did not help because no devices replies.
5. Reassign my laptop a new static IP address of 192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0 and do a Ping Sweep (range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254) - using Network Pinger tool >> This step helped because device 192.168.1.65 replies. Just to make sure that I'm doing the right thing ....
6. Keep same static IP as step 5, reboot the swann camera and the same ping sweep now return device 192.168.1.191 replies.
7. Tried http://192.168.1.191 and https://192.168.1.191 but none works.
8 Use Network Pinger to scan opened ports on IP 192.168.1.191 and this is what I found:

Ports opened on the camera as detected by Network Pinger:

PORT STATE TIME SERVICE
80/tcp open 13ms Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) (TCP/UDP - Official)
443/tcp open 24ms HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol over SSL/TLS) (TCP - Official)
554/tcp open 14ms Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) (TCP/UDP - Official)
6001/tcp open 7ms There is no available information about this port on the database...
8000/tcp open 9ms iRDMI (Intel Remote Desktop Management Interface)[40]—sometimes
erroneously used instead of port 8080 (TCP/UDP - Official)
8000/tcp open 9ms Commonly used for internet radio streams such as those using SHOUTcast
(TCP - Unofficial)
9000/tcp open 17ms Buffalo LinkSystem Web access (TCP - Unofficial)
9000/tcp open 17ms DBGp (TCP - Unofficial)
9000/tcp open 17ms SqueezeCenter web server & streaming (TCP - Unofficial)
9000/tcp open 17ms UDPCast (UDP - Unofficial)

At this stage I don't really know how to proceed further. From what I can see, port 80 and 443 are opened on the camera but I cant seem to be able to connect to the swann camera. There are other threads on this forum with users able to get into the camera but using their method on my camera (http and https) doesn't seem to work.

Let me know if you are able to add the swann cameras into the HikVision unit.

Reaction score
UPDATE:
OK, I've managed to get into the swann camera and please find below the steps:
1. Borrow/obtain a PoE switch.
2. Download SwannView Link windows application and also Google and download the Windows app "ONVIF Device Manager". Install both apps on your computer/laptop.
3. Plug the PoE switch into a spare port on your router or whatever device that will do DHCP. In my case I daisy chained the switch to a spare port on my router.
4. Log into the router and watch the section where it shows the number of connected devices. Note that at this point your computer/laptop should also be plugged into the same router/network. In my case the DHCP range is 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254; subnetmask 255.255.255.0; default gateway 192.168.1.1
5. There's a little cable at the end of the camera which has a white push button. This is the reset button on the camera. Link to documentation on the camera can be found here. https://www.swann.com/us/downloads/dl/file/id/1289/product/475/swnhd_806cam_manual.pdf
6. Press the white button and connect the Ethernet cable on the camera to the PoE switch. Keep pressing for 4-5 seconds and release. At this point watch the router DHCP section and see if a new device is detected or not (via IP address). In my case, the swann camera picked up IP 192.168.1.91.
7. Run the SwannView Link app and click on "Add New Device". If things are good, the app will detect the new camera as something like "Camera1". Use the default credential "admin" and "12345" as password. I was able to login into the camera at this point and took note of some of the settings. Exit SwannView Link app.
8. Run the ODM (ONVIF Device Manager) on your laptop and it should automatically detected the swann camera also.

I've attached some screenshots of the work I've done.

Attachments