SV3C POE dome cameras infrared failure

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have purchased 2 SV3C POE dome cameras and under a year both cameras infrared lights have failed. For my info, is this brand a good purchase, because I find it weird that both would fail in such a sort time when all my other POE dome cameras have been working consistantly without fail for years. I was thinking about HIKVISION, Dahua or Reolink to go with my Blue Iris set up. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Paul

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have purchased 2 SV3C POE dome cameras and under a year both cameras infrared lights have failed. For my info, is this brand a good purchase, because I find it weird that both would fail in such a sort time when all my other POE dome cameras have been working consistantly without fail for years. I was thinking about HIKVISION, Dahua or Reolink to go with my Blue Iris set up. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Paul
HI @Paulieboy

Do you mean the IR lights no longer light up?

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, This has happened on both of the SV3C cameras. But all others have been working for years with no Problems.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SV3C cameras are Chinese junk. I started out with these cameras. They all are in the garbage bin. Do not waste your time and effort trying to fix them, buy quality cameras.

Last edited: