Strange occurrence with Hikvision support regarding DS-2CD2387G2-L(U)

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to trial a Hikvsion DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) via Aliexpress based on specs and price. Seller claimed international upgradeable firmware. Was able to initially go into cam configuration via I.P. address but noticed there is no VR code option. I updated the firmware thinking it may resolve this but it did not. Also noted the this cam can not be configured vis Hik-Connect according to Hikvision support (USA). They were able to "see" cam via their tools and informed me that this is a "foreign" version of the cam that has Hik-Connect disabled. Now for the weird part; since they connected to the cam the cam configuration page is no longer reachable. I can see the cam via SADP but can not go into the cam and make changes. Starting to wonder if tech support killed or disabled my camera. Has anyone else encountered this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now for the weird part; since they connected to the cam the cam configuration page is no longer reachable. I can see the cam via SADP but can not go into the cam and make changes.
Can you explain this a bit more?
Are you saying that the camera web GUI is unavailable, no login page?
Or you can log in and see Live View, but no Configuration tab?

Does the camera still have the same IP address? SADP will still find it even on a different address range.

Have you tried resetting the camera via the reset button to see if that changes things?

Worth trying also, to access the camera configuration, is the Batch Configuration Tool :

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can see I.P. but can't change via SADP or jump on via i.p. in browser. Have not physically reset camera yes.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the IP address in the same range as is used by the PC?

I don't suppose SADP shows the status as 'Inactive'?
I was initially able to change the cam I.P. to match the range. I also gave it a static not in use I.P. after performing a I.P. scan with a software tool. Even tried DHCP but still not able to access config page via browser I.E. & Chrome.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you changed the IP of your computer to the same range as the IP of the cam and tried that way?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the reset and go from there.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to reset camera. Initialized logged in and updated firmware to a U.S. firmware vs U.K. Still no QR code or access via Hik-Connect. Testing camera in basement impressed by the low light visibility and low lag time. Wish it also had built in I.R. illuminators vs dual LED lights. Finding Hikvsion to be less user / newbie friendly vs my experience with Dahua and one recent turret IP Uniview installation.