Steam or condensation causing false triggers

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have various cameras around the house which are working great. But since its got colder and dark earlier I have been having an issue with my two front cameras and doorbell. The issue is that Steam from a boiler flue is setting off motion detection so I am getting a lot of false triggers. I have turned the settings down but still a lot of triggers. Any advise how to help and maybe resolve this would be great.

The doorbell is a Hikvision DB-120A-IW and the two front cameras are Dahua ipc-hdw4631c-a

Thank you in advance

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have various cameras around the house which are working great. But since its got colder and dark earlier I have been having an issue with my two front cameras and doorbell. The issue is that Steam from a boiler flue is setting off motion detection so I am getting a lot of false triggers. I have turned the settings down but still a lot of triggers. Any advise how to help and maybe resolve this would be great.

The doorbell is a Hikvision DB-120A-IW and the two front cameras are Dahua ipc-hdw4631c-a

Thank you in advance
Welcome @Cpjcutts

Remember you may also be able to augment your setup with an alarm sensor to get a better positive detection triggering of intruders.