Some installation pics from today

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics....Whats with the hikvisions? I thought I would never see the day where vector installs a hik :D

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This job was for the company I work for. I will most likely always use Dahua for my own jobs.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are those Engenius ENH500? Those things work great.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Didn't know those bullets could fit on those pole mounts...wow! did those bullets come with junction boxes?

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Looks fantastic.
Interesting pole mounts. Any particular brand/model? Do you have to unzip them to get access to the wiring? Looks somewhat open from the bottom, but they've got to be waterproof for the camera dongle.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How did you waterproof the dongle on those cameras?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For my own jobs, I always install a waterproof box and have the wire and connectors go UP into the box. This was for my job and even though I recommend these boxes to my boss, he insists the
caps for the hikvisions with the gaskets are water proof. So, although, not to my decision, the connectors are just behind the pole mounts.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For my own jobs, I always install a waterproof box and have the wire and connectors go UP into the box. This was for my job and even though I recommend these boxes to my boss, he insists the
caps for the hikvisions with the gaskets are water proof. So, although, not to my decision, the connectors are just behind the pole mounts.
Hi Mr Vector

Will you be visiting this site again sometime in the future? I'm keen to see how the caps and gaskets fare in that environment.

Thanks

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Which hiks are they? Looks like they have array ir. I'm guessing it's that ir which made the choice of bullets. I would have gone for ball domes. The wind could knock the bullets out of place. I'm sure they are tightly locked in, but over time they can slip. Anyway, cool beans!

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These round junction boxes that comes with the camera works great with the pole mount, wish they sell them separately though...

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Vector18, have you ever tried Ubiquity products for wireless bridges? I'm going to need a bridge for an application and curious which is the more robust brand/technology.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't end up using wireless bridges a whole lot, but I have heard very good things about Ubiuity. I would recommend that brand before anything else. Engenius also makes great products.

harrijs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We began using Ubiquiti products a couple of years ago and have been increasingly turning to them over the old Cambium and Freewave radios we had used in the past. I am using some in surveillance applications and others for telemetry acquisition and have them deployed in point to point and point to multipoint configurations. For ~ $100 you can get a couple of locoM2 radios and easily put together a LOS point to point bridge that will give you ~160Mbps throughput. If you need to reach further distances (multiple miles) you are going to need height and will see a reduction in throughput. At that point I would begin to look at some of their offerings that would connect to dish antennas instead of the built in patch antennas on some of the lower powered CPE radios.

Reactions: mik

Michael

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks quite impressive. It's a pity that the pictures can't be turned here.