SOLVED: setup VTO2101E-P + VTH5221DW-C + NVR4104-P-4KS2

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
@catcamstar..that's the magic word.. "caching" :lol:

dare?? for a second..maybe.. but do not know how? i am a new kid:wave: on the block related to the network/router configuration.

but i do not understand..how is it possible that a notification could be received on the android mobile (gDMSS app) after pressing the doorbell..
In the gDMSS app i configured an internal IP address.. which not known by the android mobile when there is no OpenVPN connection.
I could image that the android mobile receive a notification when there is OpenVPN connection..after all, the internal IP address of the doorbell (192.168.1.103) is known.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
In the screen where you allowed outbound 2195 TCP, can't you delete all other ports?

What the procedure is:
- you connect your phone on your lan (so wifi router 2)
- you connect gDMSS to your VTO (at least live feed should work)
- you go back one menu, choose alarm manager, and check the flipswitch on VTO (which I suppose you already did). If the flipping switch does not work, go to device manager, delete the VTO and start over again. The flipswitch MUST be green
- from this moment on, your VTO is known in the Dahua network (thanks to port 2195), your android phone is matched to that VTO (by SN/MAC whatever). So when someone bells, whereever you are, you'll get the push notifications (just like your gmail app is able to push you messages when you have a new mail).

Hope this helps!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm, port triggering and virtual servers is not what your are looking for... With the current virtual server setup, you allow INBOUND (not OUTBOUND) port forwarding on 37777, that's the first thing to delete them RIGHT now.

Then show us a screenshot of your gDMSS plus app, go into "door", then in the menu "alarm manager" and show the menu at the bottom (activation something).

Thanks!
CC

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
Great @catcamstar.. I've found the flipswitch and followed your instruction for activate the alarm (doorbell).
Delete the 37777 port forwarding in virtual server..
So now the config on router 1 is
router1 port forwarding setting1.png

router1 port forwarding setting2.png

and on router 2

router2 port triggering.png

router2 virtual server.png

I receive a gDMSS notification on Android mobile without a VPN connection :) NO video is shown :) (=of course)
Connect VPN connection...YES..video :)

BTW: setup fix channel for both Wifi channels (2,4 + 5) on router and router 2...thx for tip!

1 issue left: in both situation (4G and Wifi), doorbell does not give audio when talking on the Android mobile (gDMSS) :(
Any suggestion in this? and is above standing config correct?
Thx!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Great news Edwin, glad I could help!

For your remaining issue: have a look in your "application permissions": it might be that gDMSS didn't receive permission to use your microphone. What I would suggest: fully remove the gDMSS app, and reinstall - it might resolve this issue. Except if nobody hears you when you're calling someone on the phone, then your microphone is dead :idk:

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
@catcamstar..i do not why..2 way audio is working:headbang: ..... changed the following settings to these values
2018-11-10 15_34_55-WEB SERVICE.png

2018-11-10 15_34_21-WEB SERVICE.png

Next adventure steps:
1. tweaking the cams and nvr (for recording)..
2. installing (mount on wall, etc)
3. setup video/audio detection
4. alarm
5. whatelse possible with doorbell -->doorbell chime + ??intercom???
6. ...
n. setup vlan

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar..i do not why..2 way audio is working:headbang: ..... changed the following settings to these values
View attachment 34917

View attachment 34919

Next adventure steps:
1. tweaking the cams and nvr (for recording)..
2. installing (mount on wall, etc)
3. setup video/audio detection
4. alarm
5. whatelse possible with doorbell -->doorbell chime + ??intercom???
6. ...
n. setup vlan
The groupcall parameter is explained in the VTH manual, I also discovered it when things were not working well. But glad it works!

For your next steps: I would advice to start with 4, because whether (or not) you have your cams installed, that should be first line of defense anyhow. Then you know where your door-sensors/ir sensors/motion detections are located, then you know your blindspots and hotspots you need to cover with cams. Vlans are cool if you do have place & budget to play with. "Managed" switches don't fall out of the sky, plus they really require some networking insights.

Good luck!
CC

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
@kiskis, great piece of metal box for a video doorbell with a possibility to rotate the viewing direction. Had some bumps to setup, but 2M en PoE is a big advantage. Lots of feature to discover

kiskiss

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM but I have problems with audio, it's somehow have latency between video, first is video ant then after 2 seconds I receive audio. Thinking about buying VTO2101e, maybe you can write me a private message, I want to ask some details about this Dahua product? :)

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
@kiskis, you could try to change the audio config parameters for the audio/video sync

kiskiss

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no option for change sound settings. Can you make mini review of VTO2101e, make some real live photos, how picture quality is, how it sound and etc? Because there is no info at all anywhere about VTO2101e

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no option for change sound settings. Can you make mini review of VTO2101e, make some real live photos, how picture quality is, how it sound and etc? Because there is no info at all anywhere about VTO2101e
If you haven't found out yet: [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

I'm going to post some video footage soon, when my wiring is finished and my NVR goes in lockdown mode.

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
@catcamstar, i purchased an indoor monitor VTH5221dw-c.
i configured the VTO2101 and VTH5221 as (INTERNET)manuals describe (configured in-/outdoor and SIP server on the VTO + configured VTH with the IP addresses and account of VTO and SIP server).
The icon (doorbell) on the right upper corner of the VTH display shows that the connection with the VTO is not established, but when i go to monitor- section in the VTH, i see live video of the VTO..Pressing the doorbell will not ring the chime of the VTH..but the most unclearable thing is..i do not receive a message on the mobile (gDMSS)..I disconnected the VTH of the network and reboot the VTO, but still not receiving a message on mobile after pressing the button on the VTO.. After pressing the sabotage button on the VTO, i receive a message on my mobile (gDMSS)..so therefor i assume the mobile is familiar with my doorbell/VTO.
Any suggestion in this?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar, i purchased an indoor monitor VTH5221dw-c.
i configured the VTO2101 and VTH5221 as (INTERNET)manuals describe (configured in-/outdoor and SIP server on the VTO + configured VTH with the IP addresses and account of VTO and SIP server).
The icon (doorbell) on the right upper corner of the VTH display shows that the connection with the VTO is not established, but when i go to monitor- section in the VTH, i see live video of the VTO..Pressing the doorbell will not ring the chime of the VTH..but the most unclearable thing is..i do not receive a message on the mobile (gDMSS)..I disconnected the VTH of the network and reboot the VTO, but still not receiving a message on mobile after pressing the button on the VTO.. After pressing the sabotage button on the VTO, i receive a message on my mobile (gDMSS)..so therefor i assume the mobile is familiar with my doorbell/VTO.
Any suggestion in this?
Hi Edwin3,
let's try to fix this at once. There are a couple of things that seem "odd" to me in your description.
What I would suggest to do:
- factory reset your VTO (this can be done through the webinterface)
- factory reset your VTH (this can be done onscreen)
- remove the VTO from your android app
- first start with your VTO: configure the TCPIP stack with VDP config eg put it in your range of LAN devices (192.168.200.x) - do not configure anything else (yet)
- then go to your VTH: configure it in the 192.168.200.x range. Then SEARCH DEVICE and it should find the VTO. Press "connect" and it sets all the required settings
--> now your VTH should ring when ringing on the VTO. If it is not working: uncheck the "group call" setting in the VTO webservice.
THEN configure your VTO on your android app, and turn on "notifications". THEN this should ring too when buttons are pressed.

Tell me where you get stuck within this process.

Good Luck!
CC

Edwin3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @catcamstar,

factory reset VTO done
factory reset VTH done
removed VTO android app
configured VTO tcp/ip
configured VTH tcp/ip

??Where can i find the "connect"
vdpConfig.png

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @catcamstar,

factory reset VTO done
factory reset VTH done
removed VTO android app
configured VTO tcp/ip
configured VTH tcp/ip

??Where can i find the "connect"
View attachment 35405
On your VTH screen, press the "SETTING" button 10 seconds, type the password, in that menu: search for the VTO and press connect until the VTO is "green".

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar,

it seems that i do not find the proper menu option..
Indeed, I don't have the SIP firmware, and have below your VTO config menu a "search device" option. But no worries yet, if all these settings (ip etc) are correct, does it work? If not, note the "station number" (eg 9901) from the VTH and put that in the "network config" setup of the management on the VTO. Or are you going to let them work over SIP? Because I'm n00b in SIP setups :)