Software shutting down

Reaction score
In the last 2 days I am having a constant problem with the BI software shutting down a very short time after starting it. I get a message that say "Blue Iris encountered and unexpected problem and needs to shut down". This started happening right after the last update, so I am not sure if it is due to the updates. I tend to leave the software running unless I need to reboot the PC and then restart it and there is almost always and update waiting when I restart it. Is anyone else having this problem?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the last 2 days I am having a constant problem with the BI software shutting down a very short time after starting it. I get a message that say "Blue Iris encountered and unexpected problem and needs to shut down". This started happening right after the last update, so I am not sure if it is due to the updates. I tend to leave the software running unless I need to reboot the PC and then restart it and there is almost always and update waiting when I restart it. Is anyone else having this problem?
@Vicki L Taylor
Install this: Blue Iris Update Helper (BiUpdateHelper)
Then you will always have a version to roll back to if you have problems.
No problem for me with the latest release.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
dont update unless you want a new feature....wait for the update to be out for a bit...
what exact version are you running? check the memory usage to see if it steadily climbs