So THIS just happened...

Reaction score
The last time I fell was over five years ago, more like ten I guess, after an ice storm when I went out to get the mail. I was walking carefully because of the slope of the driveway. That right foot thing, went out from under me and I did the Ethyl Merman fall from "Mad, Mad World" and landed flat on my back laughing as I fell. Managed not to whack the back of my head and just let my back take the impact, or at least that's what I like to think I did :D No cameras back then or I'd have saved the clip. No damage to me at all other than wounded pride.

That looks like a Trex deck which will get slippery really quick, even with a heavy frost.
Last time I fell--- 2 years ago while moving snow in the driveway. I had really sure footing everywhere, until I hit some ice hidden under a little snow. This one HURT...
1612055723522.png

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Last time I fell--- 3 years ago while moving snow in the driveway. I had really sure footing everyone, until I hit some ice hidden under a little snow. This one HURT...
You can kind of see the pain in that one. lol

Feel kind of bad "liking" a post like that but I did.

You've got a whole collection of these huh? ; )

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
you know--- I thought some of you would share a fall of your own. I can't be the only one!! :D
Heh, my fall. To do work on the bus bar up in the ceiling in the shop that I worked, we'd attach a cage to a fork lift, get into the cage, get lifted up to the ceiling, and work from it. Well, the guy that attached it forgot to put the back side clamps on. As I was reaching over to lower a fuse box to him, the cage tipped over, dropped me on to the bed of a machine, and then proceeded to fall on me. It didn't work out well for me. :p

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I love how the dog just stands there expecting you toplay with his ball. You must get him better food and treat him better. If I've ever hurt myself then all my dogs have got concerned, run up and start licking and nudging you to see if you're alright. Yours is meh, hurry up man and throw the ball it's cold out here!

Suggest swapping that Own Brand Dog food for a top quality brand and getting some doggy chocs as treats and some bones (albeit don't reward him for ignoring you)!

Better watch out, you might end up like this guy's fall...
Question is what was the guy doing filming int he bathroom in the 1st place? Pretty sure that's illegal in many countries. Also hope he got a bouncer or someone to look after the guy as that sounded like a pretty hard hit albeit radiators do give a little being metal (not that I'd know :) ).

Paul Hacker

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you know--- I thought some of you would share a fall of your own. I can't be the only one!! :D
View attachment 390AF491-BAFE-4913-9571-7E1CCBDB3656.MOV

This happened January 8th, 2017, but it still hurts watching it today. Was able to save my 4 legged fur baby from injuries and he is still with me today. The ice won that day and gain my complete respect. It’s amazing how pain will help in gaining wisdom. Sorry about the video, it was taken with my iPhone off the screen of a very old Vitek camera.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 81463

This happened January 8th, 2017, but it still hurts watching it today. Was able to save my 4 legged fur baby from injuries and he is still with me today. The ice won that day and gain my complete respect. It’s amazing how pain will help in gaining wisdom. Sorry about the video, it was taken with my iPhone off the screen of a very old Vitek camera.

It's amazing how 4 legs are better than two. Maybe he should be saving you next time. Can't wait to see that vid of the poodle carrying you from the house.