So THIS just happened...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, being bigger and taller, an maybe a little older, the floor gets too far away too fast and we don't bounce like we used to.

I think the angle of your left arm when you hit is why your left elbow hurts more. As long as nothing is broken or torn, take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Reaction score
Yeah, being bigger and taller, an maybe a little older, the floor gets too far away too fast and we don't bounce like we used to.

I think the angle of your left arm when you hit is why your left elbow hurts more. As long as nothing is broken or torn, take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
Thank you Doctor! :rofl:

Reaction score
As the old saying goes, if you're looking for sympathy it's in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.
Exactly!! LOL---- great old saying. I'm a teacher and I express a similar sentiment to my students. :thumb:

watching that vid--I think I actually bounced pretty good for being closer to 60 than 50....

Maxgyver

n3wb
Reaction score
Big trees fall hard. Sorry man that looked rough. I’m 6’4” and we don’t handle drops like that too well lol
Makes me wonder WHY gravity can't give us big guys a break - one that doesn't involve bruises too! Grew up enjoying hockey, but at 6' 2" and the body of a wrestler... I had to make changes or learn to drive a wheel chair! LOL

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The last time I fell was over five years ago, more like ten I guess, after an ice storm when I went out to get the mail. I was walking carefully because of the slope of the driveway. That right foot thing, went out from under me and I did the Ethyl Merman fall from "Mad, Mad World" and landed flat on my back laughing as I fell. Managed not to whack the back of my head and just let my back take the impact, or at least that's what I like to think I did :D No cameras back then or I'd have saved the clip. No damage to me at all other than wounded pride.

That looks like a Trex deck which will get slippery really quick, even with a heavy frost.