Snapshot emails no longer send after switching to Smart Events.

Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DeepinView IDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY which works fine when in the Road Traffic mode (and sends an email notification), except it's been continually triggering on a car parked in the distance. So I switched to smart events and selected the intrusion, and it wouldn't trigger an email. It didn't work on ANY smart events.

I powercycled, checked and triplechecked the settings, but nothing triggers an email. Has anyone else solved this issue?

Reaction score
Do any triggered events show in the log?
Thanks for the response. No they don't. It just doesn't seem to trigger at all. I'm going to test it during the daytime, but to add to this, when I switched back to Road Traffic, it seemed to trigger on even fewer vehicles.

Here's where I'm trying to capture vehicles.

Here is how it looks in the VCA settings in Road Traffic. On the top left is a traffic circle that is in the middle of the intersection.

Here's an example of a vehicle that didn't trigger but can be seen clearly when recorded.

So I guess I have a triggering problem and not an email problem.

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its a bad setup for an LPR camera, altogether i would say :/
Hikvision does not work on simple OCR method, but an algorithm for detecting vehicle and then licence plate. If angle is bad or something is between vehicle and camera, vehicle detection might not happen due to how database of models to learn from weren't taken from this angle. Simply cannot detect a vehicle.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It does get most of the license plates with that setup, but when I switch to the smart event mode to see if it can do better, nothing happens. I’ll keep fiddling with it. Thanks again.