Send Pushover notifications with pictures and hyperlinks

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
Instead of bringing up UI3 is there any way to have links that open in the app? Example I have an onif notification for when the doorbell rings and would like a push to my phone and when I click on the push it will open to the camera not the alert. Is that possible?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Instead of bringing up UI3 is there any way to have links that open in the app? Example I have an onif notification for when the doorbell rings and would like a push to my phone and when I click on the push it will open to the camera not the alert. Is that possible?
I’ve never experimented with this, but if you are using an iPhone, check out “iOS App Deeplinking” in the Help PDF

Reaction score
Is there a macro to get the LAN IP address instead of the WAN address? I use tailscale to connect to my server and I can use the local addressess.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a macro to get the LAN IP address instead of the WAN address? I use tailscale to connect to my server and I can use the local addressess.
Just checked the help PDF, chapter 'Alerts and Actions', section 'Timecodes and other Macros'...

Perhaps I'm overlooking it, but I don’t see it listed. Try macro &LAN, it works in my testing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
[
Just checked the help PDF, chapter 'Alerts and Actions', section 'Timecodes and other Macros'...

Perhaps I'm overlooking it, but I don’t see it listed. Try macro &LAN, it works in my testing.
Thanks &LAN actually works. I did check the manual and only found &WAN.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone moved to curl 8.4 yet? Just wondering if we have to tweak anything.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks &LAN actually works. I did check the manual and only found &WAN.
I haven't found a way. But I made two macros in the main settings using %8 and %9. Those two contain everything I need to use in the alert. So if I ever need to change the lan IP, there's only one place I need to do it. I had to use two because it was too long to have in one.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Right at the end of the October, my notifications being process dropped markedly, and all but stopped yesterday. The traffic at my gate has certainly not decreased, so I don't know what parm is missing or what update may have caused issues.

All was humming along nicely until now. And it's been so long since I set all this up (per the first post) that I don't recall how to properly troubleshoot. I know for certain though, that the triggers (IR sensor at my gate which has Home Assistant push http syntax to BI to trigger the camera) BI just fine. The camera triggers, but Pushover is doesn't know about it.

1698929232837.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Right at the end of the October, my notifications being process dropped markedly, and all but stopped yesterday. The traffic at my gate has certainly not decreased, so I don't know what parm is missing or what update may have caused issues.

All was humming along nicely until now. And it's been so long since I set all this up (per the first post) that I don't recall how to properly troubleshoot. I know for certain though, that the triggers (IR sensor at my gate which has Home Assistant push http syntax to BI to trigger the camera) BI just fine. The camera triggers, but Pushover is doesn't know about it.

View attachment 176794
From the curl Action, please check your 'Parameters' field and confirm the Attachment value accurately reflects your current Alerts folder path.

If everything looks OK, then try my 'msg.exe trick' to confirm the macros are resolving correctly.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Prior to reading your response, I narrowed it down to the -F parm located between the tugboat sound and the attachment.

Code:
https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json -s --form-string "token=CENSORED" --form-string "user=CENSORED" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='http://CENSORED/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='http://CENSORED/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=motorolaedge" --form-string "sound=tugboat" -F "attachment=@E:\BINAS\BIStorageHere\Alerts\a248\&ALERT_PATH"
If I remove that F, I get the instant notification when I click "trigger now" on the main BI console screen. I don't get the thumbnail in the pushover app, but if I click through on either the hyper links, it opens to the triggered event just fine.

For some reason it's doesn't like the -F parm - or whatever action it's calling for, isn't working

I'm going to try what you suggested now.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
From the curl Action, please check your 'Parameters' field and confirm the Attachment value accurately reflects your current Alerts folder path.

If everything looks OK, then try my 'msg.exe trick' to confirm the macros are resolving correctly.

The path is correct - using file explorer I walked to the path and confirmed all my alert images are there.

As for the testing, I am triggering a test by right-clicking in the console on the camera and clicking "trigger now". Alternatively, from UI3 on a client PC, I do the same thing on the web interface. Both result in an immediate notification (sans thumbnail when -F is not in the action set).

Attempting to set up mesg trick now.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The path is correct - using file explorer I walked to the path and confirmed all my alert images are there.

As for the testing, I am triggering a test by right-clicking in the console on the camera and clicking "trigger now". Alternatively, from UI3 on a client PC, I do the same thing on the web interface. Both result in an immediate notification (sans thumbnail when -F is not in the action set).

Attempting to set up mesg trick now.
Very good. Are you using AI on this camera, and using it to confirm alerts? If so, perhaps something has changed?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No, AI is not enabled for this camera.

The message trick when using the lightning bolt to test shows this:

1698931591030.png

And when I click the actual preset from within the console, I get the same:

1698931637590.png

And this is how I have the message trick configured on preset 9 for the camera:

1698931686816.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
'fnf' = file not found
This is why you are not receiving notifications.
Is there a space after 'E:' in your attachment path?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just noticed the &ALERT_DB macro is resolving to '@-1'.
I saw that recently when my database was corrupted by v5.8.0.9. Maybe time for a DB/Repair or DB/Regenerate?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not that I can see. Here's the full action parm:

Code:
https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json -s --form-string "token=REDACTED" --form-string "user=REDACTED" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='http://REDACTED/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='http://REDACTED/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=motorolaedge" --form-string "sound=tugboat" -F "attachment=@E:\BINAS\BIStorageHere\Alerts\a248\&ALERT_PATH"
The thing is, I haven't touched that path in months and it just suddenly stopped working.

Also, adding the above to cmd window with --verbose at the end will not produce any results. If I remove the -F argument, it will debug.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just noticed the &ALERT_DB macro is resolving to '@-1'.
I saw that recently when my database was corrupted by v5.8.0.9. Maybe time for a DB/Repair or DB/Regenerate?

Ah, that could well be. I will delete and rebuild the db. Will report back. TY!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Curious if you are using Artificial Intelligence on your Trigger qualifiers? You may be getting a triggered event but running it through AI before the alert is sent. And if this is the case then if AI doesn't meet the conditions required to send the PushOver alert you'll never see it. The best way to check this is look at your alerts. If "nothing found" then no PushOver alert if this is how you have it configured. See below....top one, no PushOver alert....bottom one, yes.

1698932584601.png