Seeing double - New Dahua dual Starlight IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M/M12

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay....I definitely want one of these! Perfect for my front door situation. (To see faces coming towards the door, I can't see the ground in front of the door where packages are left - this would certainly fix that!)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ditto.

@EMPIRETECANDY , please let us know about pricing and stock predictions.

It would also be interesting to know if you can get it with one 2.8 mm lens and one 3.6 mm lens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone try one of these yet? I'm debating between waiting for this or using a starlight varifocal turret above my front door.

Reaction score
I like how it uses the same junction box and wall mount as the 5231. And one thing mentioned on the spec sheet I found interesting, "For environments with rain, sleet, snow and fog, an integrated wiper provides users with clear visibility at all times." I am wondering how the wiper is implemented.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like how it uses the same junction box and wall mount as the 5231. And one thing mentioned on the spec sheet I found interesting, "For environments with rain, sleet, snow and fog, an integrated wiper provides users with clear visibility at all times." I am wondering how the wiper is implemented.
there is no wiper...its likely a copy paste error..

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I've often thought that 2 or more lenses in a single body (with a single power supply and ethernet connection) could be quite practical and possibly cost-effective: one (or two) wider lens/es for overview and one narrow and/or varifocal for Id-ing at a choke-point...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that link don't work for me. I've often thougt that 2 or more lenses in a single body (with a single power supply and ethernet connection) could be quite practical and possibly cost-effective one (or two) wider lens/es for overview and one narrow and/or varifocal for Id-ing at a choke-point...
click on it a second time, it should work.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just happened to be messing with my front door 4231 trying to tweak the aim a little better. Just can't find a good aim compromise for packages on ground vs. face in front of door.
I really NEED one of these...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just happened to be messing with my front door 4231 trying to tweak the aim a little better. Just can't find a good aim compromise for packages on ground vs. face in front of door.
I really NEED one of these...
this is mostly due to mounting position and the fact that these cams are 16:9...that is why I prefer the 4:3 cams in general...

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thinking about it now, a 4:3 would certainly help.
In the meantime, someone needs to take my money and give me one of these, pronto.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Cool idea but the overriding negative for me is it's domes. They never handle ir well and they're susceptible to condensation inside over time. Great for inside, not so much outside.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This kind of camera seems to only work in a dome configuration, wouldn't see it suitable a turret foam factor because lens still looks in one direction. On a turret scale it would be like two cameras on one large mount, whereas this dome allows to squeeze two lens into one smaller foam factor.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will book some. This one price little higher , around 190usd. Have to check the shipping cost when I have it.
IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M or M12 which one is better? @fenderman
I think most users will want the standard rj45 not the M12....Side note - I think most folks are better off with two fixed turrets than one of these...price is almost the same..

Last edited: