SD6CE245GB-HNR

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is the equivalent of @EMPIRETECANDY PTZ6C2M. EmpireTechStore
Just got it delivered today, set up on the test bench just to ensure everything is working ok. So far everything working well. :)

I'm planning on replacing my mini-ptz that is over my garage with this PTZ, and then put the mini-pzt leading up to my front porch. This one will be seeing a lot of action, plus I'm hoping with the 2mp 1/2.8 lens, I'll be able to run in color 24/7.
Meanwhile the mini will be doing front/side yard and front porch duties. I'll be setting the mini just triggering on people entering my yard, and then be able to manually look down the street if needed.

This SD6 PTZ, I'll have a couple cameras pull it when they're tripped, meanwhile this will be covering my front driveway along with mailbox duties.

Last edited:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Considering this PTZ is a bit heavier than my other 2 PTZ, I'm curious what everyone is using for a screw? I'm considering a #12 or a #14 1" or 1/12" length screw.
Along with using aluminum stock bar placed between the tracks on the soffit, which will help hold things up as well.

I was going to attempt putting this up today, but aha, I can't find the proper size nut driver. I have them, but.. misplaced, so ordered a new set.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally put this camera up today. Been doing a list made by the boss lady all week. lol :)

Here are 2 pictures. First is the mini-ptz of my front driveway, second picture is of the SD6.
This picture is straight out of the box, with only adjustments to the stream settings, pre-sets and turning on the text for temp, etc.. otherwise, completely stock.

Very quiet and looks nice walking past. I really like the white finish.
I'll be adjusting everything the next few days/weeks and see how things look at night.

Attachments

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Alright, a bit of trouble. I have a 8+ year old laptop that is plugged into my 16th slot on my Dahua NVR, to change settings, etc.. for some reason on this camera I am getting a
"Cant load video, Limited resources" error and it won't show video from the cam to be able to draw IVS settings, etc...

It worked when I first plugged the camera in, without adjusting anything. Is there a plug in that I need to delete or disable that is causing this, or ??
On this new web display as well, I'm not exactly sure how to do a factory reset, I'm not finding that anywhere?

Or is it time to get a newer or used laptop to specifically use for changing settings etc? It'll never see the internet, so not worried about that aspect.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That sounds like the issue could be with the NVR.

Try unplugging a few cams and if the problem goes away, you know you are at the limit of the NVR.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For future note, it was the Dahua web plug-in for the new web version. Disabled it, which asked to re-download/install and now everything is working.
I'm guessing having 3 or 4 different versions of cameras, with different versions of plug-in etc.. causes things to go nutty once in awhile. lol

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are a couple neighborhood kids who thought it funny going around removing all the driveway/snow markers around the area.
Once I figure out how to upload a video, blurring out faces, signs, etc.. I'll upload the entire video.

This was taken with the new SD6 PTZ.

Attachments