SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.810.0000000.4.R.200509 Current Firmware & Webplugin Issues

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is to track current problems with latest firmware. (SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.810.0000000.4.R.200509)
Since I have more than 20 cameras using this firmware in real life I might be seeing more problems than evaluation.
additionally, having a large investment Im rather tired of Dahua's lack of quality control from their developers.
I will edit and update as I find more problems.

This latest firmware SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.810.0000000.4.R.200509 is available HERE.
  • Its supports these camera models.
    • SD59225U-HNI
      SD6CE230U-HNI,
      SD6CE225U-HNI,
      SD60225U-HNI,
      SD50225U-HNI,
      SD52C225U-HNI,
      SD50430U-HNI,
      SD52C430U-HNI,
      SD59430U-HNI,
      SD50230U-HNI,
      SD52C230U-HNI,
      SD59230U-HNI,
      PTZ1A225U-IRA-N,
      SD6C430U-HNI,
      SD6C230U-HNI
      SD6AL245U-HNI
Features
New Features:

1.No plug-in program phase High-version browsers can play live view videos without installing plugins.
2.Support:Self-diagnose device failure, and then generate a failure code (if any) for
troubleshooting.
3 Add RTP and TS multicast configuration interface.
4 The duration of the preset title displaying on the screen can be set to Disable, 5s,
15s, Display Permanently, or Custom.
5 Improve the quality of recorded videos transmitted to back-end devices (such as
NVRs) with ANR function.
6 Users can connect the third party platforms to play live video of the device through
RTMP protocol.
7 PTZ speed configured on the web interface only applies to manual control speed.
8 Special presets serve as the shortcut for some special functions switch or calling,
and they no longer represent the location of the PTZ camera.
9 Move the Auto Tracking interface from PTZ Function interface to Smart Plan
interface.
10 Snapshot by location: Only snapshots for certain locations will be stored.
11 Users can set the MTU value to ensure good data transmission according to the
network.
12 Safety baseline 2.1 improves the program security level from authentication,
confidentiality, integrity and other aspects.
13 Even transmission strategy: Transmit TCP and UDP streams evenly to alleviate
the problem of stuck screen when network bandwidth is limited.
14 Add time zone and time settings during initialization process.

Fixed Bugs Description
After users configure FTP and click test, the system prompts that operation failed.
Obtain FTP and SFTP names dynamically.

Current Issues with this latest firmware: SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.810.0000000.4.R.200509
1. Web Plugin for Pale Moon, and Firefox does not work or install correctly with these browsers.
A: When programming cameras drawing boundary lines within the IVS menus and PTZ Preset menus you can no longer double click and pop out the image to a larger size in order to actually see what you are drawing on the screen. You are stuck with a tiny live view trying to draw and set boundary lines for IVS. I assume this problem is due to the latest feature addition #1 listed above. Web Plugin only works properly for Internet Explorer. Not for any other browser.
B: After Resetting camera to factory defaults, Unable to ENABLE AUDIO FOR MAIN STREAM AND SUB STREAM. Need to enable them by checking boxes, then set attributes, then save, then re enable audio with checkboxes and then save again. If you dont do this you wont have any audio.
C: Unable to edit Alarm T Track Time in IVS menu.
D: Latest webplugin does not install on latest browsers due to being (named incorrectly) as (web_plugin). It should be named webplugin.exe
2. DMSS SmartPSS Android App Issues
A: Cannot playback and view ANY VIDEO or ANY alarm IVS triggered event video. Video playback for any alarmed section for IVS or motion triggered events does not work. Probably due to feature #13.
B: Constant Exceed Max Connections Errors so you cant view any cameras unless you completely close out of app, force stop, and delete cache. AND, you have to do this while you are being robbed, on the phone with 911 providing a description and telling them to hold while you get your crashed pos app working again to view the perps. REALLY?
C: These apps are now only useful to alert me to tell me someone has passed in front of one of my cameras... But I cant log into cameras to see them or to view ANY video.I guess I haven't thrown enough money at this yet? Inst that how it works?
3. IVS Tracking Inconsistent.
A: IVS Tracking seems to get worse as the latest firmware revisions are released. Realize, after upgrading firmware on 20 cameras 3 times then having to reset each camera back to factory defaults, then reprogramming each and every cameras each time... I have gotten pretty good at programming these cameras.... I am open to anyone who knows or has tips to fine tuning IVS??? NOT that we should have to reset cameras to factory default after a firmware upgrade... For 20 cameras its not an acceptable solution. Its a lot of extra work and time for sure.

Last edited:

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I have the SD59430U-HNI and it is worthless for auto-tracking, I have played with it for 3 months without much success .
And the reason I bought this from Andy was for auto-tracking !

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have noticed, that the Alarm Time/Track Time won't accept anything other than 15 seconds.
I didn't even know, that the image can be made bigger by double clicking on it.

Last edited:

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Real big problem right now is No Alert or Standard Video Playback on the DMSS Android App. Can anyone confirm if this is a problem on SmartPSS? Ir if its just with DMSS...

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have noticed, that the Alarm T/Track Time won't accept anything other than 15 seconds.
I didn't even know, that the image can be made bigger by double clicking on it.
Yes, this is part of latest problems with the webplugins for this version firmware. If you go back to using Internet Explorer it will allow you to change it. I will add this to the list.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, this is part of latest problems with the webplugins for this version firmware. If you go back to using Internet Explorer it will allow you to change it. I will add this to the list.
Did you uninstall the old plugins? New ones won't install until you do. You will find them in the windows start menu.

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Real big problem right now is No Alert or Standard Video Playback on the DMSS Android App. Can anyone confirm if this is a problem on SmartPSS? Ir if its just with DMSS...
I upgraded my SD50225U-HNI to this firmware and for Chrome everything seems okay for the browser (no plugins, drawing IVS stuff all works well. Also on IOS de stream works in the idmss plus app (tested directly to the camera and via an NVR).
I totally agree on the tracking.It feels as it it was better on the stock firmware. I upgraded it to some shady 2018/2019 dated firmware and things got bad. Applying the 2.810 version 1 or 2 days ago I am much happier since the plugins are no longer needed, but autotracking is still bad. Good thing I have an 'eagle eye' camera on the way which I can usein combination with an NVR to direct the PTZ to relevant locations. Works more reliable than autotracking, as I've been told.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To admit I dont use Chrome. Its way to open to Google spying, marketing. I hate more than anything having a green leather Ikea Sofa following me around 24/7.

I do have a question about using Chrome. In the PTZ or IVS menu of the camera software can you double click in the image area. And does it pop out to full screen?

I know Dahua IVS Tracking works well. When it does it works great. When it doesnt it doesnt. Its all related to software programming and not hardware. It also appears that Dahua has restructured their software division to one corporation to do all the programming for all of Dahua products. I think this just happened the beggining of the year. I am seeing them consolidate firmware and software on all thier cameras since inception of the AI IVS Feature on the latest cameras. Thier is an IVS Guru whom has fine tuning tips and tricks but I have yet to hear back from him. Most of the time IVS isnt tracking properly due to the cameras not being setup correctly and or challenging environments between extreme shady and sunny areas. So fine tuning and changing IVS settings are in order.

Ive never been a fan of adding more applications to OS's that already have the same apps that come with them or having to purchase yet another piece of hardware that has the same functionality as existing hardware that seems not to be working. I have over 20 cameras in an outdoor environment so the additional expense isnt justifiable. At worse I will have someone build me custom firmware or rollback to early firmware after I try further tuning tips and tricks once I know what those are?

Thanks for info on Chrome. When I tried it.. The video image menu pop out wasnt working.. Maybe it will for you?

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you uninstall the old plugins? New ones won't install until you do. You will find them in the windows start menu.
Yes, I made sure to unistall them, then went into the registry and deleted further traces.

MachAF

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this firmware on my SD6CE230U-HNI. Auto-tracking essentially worthless now and I have pulsing issues. I've tried changing all the settings ( codecs, but rates, iframe, reset to defaults, tried using normal AC power vs POE) nothing has helped. I'm not sure what's up the camera. I sent it back to Andy because it stopped panning up, it would only pan down (not a belt issue). I Think they replaced some board inside it. Ever since I got it back its never been right.

benjsc

n3wb
Reaction score
Found after this upgrade the Playback screen in the webgui won't show me the timeline at the bottom anymore (chrome), hence can't see when events happened. Strangely I can view videos/events in gdmss app though.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this firmware on my SD6CE230U-HNI. Auto-tracking essentially worthless now and I have pulsing issues. I've tried changing all the settings ( codecs, but rates, iframe, reset to defaults, tried using normal AC power vs POE) nothing has helped. I'm not sure what's up the camera. I sent it back to Andy because it stopped panning up, it would only pan down (not a belt issue). I Think they replaced some board inside it. Ever since I got it back its never been right.
Auto tracking isnt the best.. However it isnt this bad. It sounds like your camera has issues. I would contact Andy again and see what he can do. This appears to be an issue he needs to check out.

MachAF

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Auto tracking isnt the best.. However it isnt this bad. It sounds like your camera has issues. I would contact Andy again and see what he can do. This appears to be an issue he needs to check out.
Due to shipping costs, its hard to justify sending it back a second time. I'm better off cutting my losses.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Due to shipping costs, its hard to justify sending it back a second time. I'm better off cutting my losses.
Still, I would contact Andy. He is really good to work with. See what he has to say... Its a 900 dollar camera and has a 3 year warranty from Dahua. I think ir worth the effort to contact andy. I have heard of others taking apart thier cameras and sending the internals or just the head assembly to save on shipping cost... Lots of options... Andy can help.

Last edited:

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a newer firmware? Once which helps Autotracking?

System VersionV2.810.0000000.4.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2020-05-09Found New VersionRFID VersionISP VersionWEB VersionV3.2.1.889961ONVIF Version18.12(V2.4.5.826858)National Standard Version No.GB VersionPTZ VersionV2.300.0000000.10.RHNP_170926_24381

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think little understanding on how auto tracking works. Basically, the cameras are ask to track movement of pixels of a certain size and some cameras shape... This is very very processor and memory intensive, even now. So there are trade offs. There are guidelines to follow in regards to using IVS. I will do a little research to find but there are others on here who have listed IVS tips and tricks. Off the top of my head. Issues like very complicated complex moving backgrounds, Resolution and Frame rates, Issues with Shadowing, or Shadowing contrast between a dark and light or light and dark sections. Spiders, Birds, these are big big ones. You way not even know about. I have two crows that absolutely love to play with my cameras, (I have 30 of these ptz cameras) every morning at 853am. Like clockwork, they have two favorites. It took me a couple weeks to figure it out. I basically set my frame rates to 50fps, and was finally able to see them. Since then I occasionally watch them play in amazement on how intelligent this (D#ck) birds are. If Im not there at location to provide Nacho Doritos daily, then they mess with the cameras.... I will attempt to link helpful tips.... If you are having strange or odd issues with IVS and or Autotracking the very first thing I would do and have done is to reset camera back to factory defaults. If you hvae done any firmware updates, you have to reset cameras back to factory defaults and set camera up all over again from beginning. Just be prepared to do this. Its how it is.