School Thread: Lets stay educated and aware!

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't even imagine what it must be like going to public school these days. With mobile phones, social media and the uncomfortable topics/indoctrination at schools I can certainly see how kids are confused and scared.

When I was in college there was typically one suicide per semester. But, I can certainly understand why suicide is up these days.

Reaction score
I haven't posted this before, so I guess the time is about right.

My youngest daughter graduated 5th grade this year. About 2 months ago, she came to me one day after school and said:
'Dad, there is this boy named Tom in my class. Today he came to school in girls clothes and his name now is Teresa. What should I do?'
My Answer was :
'Sweetie, he is still a boy, and always will be a boy. Just be polite and do not judge. We don't have to agree with this, but we aren't going to judge either.'

So about 2 weeks later, she once again comes to me and says...:
'Dad, today me and my BFF was in the girls room and 'Teresa' walked in and asked me, 'Do I make you feel uncomfortable?'. I said no because I didn't want to hurt his feelings.'

BOOOM! My head exploded (inwardly). I then asked her if 'Teresa' had been using the girls restroom and she said 'yes', many times.

The principle of this school and I have a wonderful relationship. She is the best. So I fired off an email to her, the school counselor and my daughters homeroom teacher.

Two hours later I received an email back from the Principle stating that she was in shock at this and promised me that it would be take care of.

Sure enough, on Monday, my daughter said that there were numerous students to include herself, that was pulled into the front office, questioned, and wrote down brief statements about 'Teresa'.

The Principle called me the next day and told me that if 'Teresa' did this again, she would be expelled from school.

A few days later, 'Teresa' came up to my daughter and was like, 'Wow, I have been told that if I go into the girls restroom again, I will be expelled.' Good enough.

'Teresa's' guardians are two lesbian's.

5TH GRADE. Damn.

Last edited:

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Simple general solution: restrooms display a penis and a vulva at the doors. Would help foreigners too.

I wouldn't worry too much about 'Teresa'. If this decision is caused by complience to parents, it won't stick long. Hormones and puberty will win that battle.

As a final thought, your daughter will likely sooner or later wish to use or actually use a mens rest room. No line ups and less messy in most places, as men rarely use the real toilets. It is give and take.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a final thought, your daughter will likely sooner or later wish to use or actually use a mens rest room. No line ups and less messy in most places, as men rarely use the real toilets. It is give and take.
As with the old saying, 'You gotta go, YOU GOTTA GO.' I don't disagree. But that is completely different then what I am posting about. I don't disagree with that what so ever.