Scammers really Suck...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is so crazy now a days. Technology is suppose make things easier right? We run into things like this all the time. I was trying to add my wife's name on a Bank of America checking account, it took us three days/trips to try to get this done, we finally closed the account. They had to check her credit, which we had to go home and unlock the Credit Bureau accounts, then go back next day, done right, haha nope, the 3rd day we get a notice that the transaction did not go through, went back to the bank to get an apology but no fix. Again just trying to add my wife's name to an account. Use to be a 5 minute signature card signing and a handshake...
Bank Of América is the problem in that sentence. Stay away from the major mega banks. Find a local community bank or a local Credit Union and tell BOA to pound sand.
My daughter is a Bank Compliance Officer that works as a consultant. She'll tell you that the banks that have the most issue's and complaints is mega banks such as BOA and Wells fargo and the ilke. The employees are poorly trained. Among many other issues.

Last edited: