Save button for Privacy Mask?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't get a privacy mask to stick on one of my 5442 cams. It's good for a day or so and then disappears and I have to recreate it. I've tried various browsers including IE.

Should there be a save button on that screen? I don't see one.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I've saved it there a bunch of times. Not sure why it's not staying on this cam. Another works fine.

Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a button there.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try a factory default or three on the camera and set it up again. I just posted a video here and got a complaint about no audio in it. So I went into the camera nd found I still had the noise filter on, a 5442T-ZE. Shut that off saved it and the camera went off line, dead, nothing nada. Tried a few power cycles and got it to ping t the proper IP address but couldn't get the login page up. Ended up dragging out a ladder and doing a manual reset to get it back and had to reconfig it all over again.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to pull it down. Need to block out a license plate where someone parks in view so I end up with a lot of my alerts being labeled with their tag. Kind of oddly, the mask in PlateRecognizer doesn't seem to want to stick either. :idk:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You made me look. I only have one camera with a privacy zones enabled, a 5442T-ZE. It "hides" a reflective street sign. It's been there for over a year now and still is.

Where'd you get the camera from, Andy? What firmware is on it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should go without saying, but make sure that you are using Internet Explorer and stay consistent with the browser - don't go back and forth.

I have found that if I opened it in one browser and then open it in another, the settings don't hold.

So I got the new 4K/X turret that is supposed to not be IE dependent, so to test it I set it up on a computer with Edge.

After I brought it into my BI computer I then made tweaks to it in IE. Then I opened it up in Edge and made sure everything was still there. Then I opened it back up in Internet Explorer and things went back to different settings.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That makes me wonder exactly how "Chrome friendly" the new interface is. The 5442s work with Brave or IE and retain setting from either for me.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You made me look. I only have one camera with a privacy zones enabled, a 5442T-ZE. It "hides" a reflective street sign. It's been there for over a year now and still is.

Where'd you get the camera from, Andy? What firmware is on it?
Yes, AndyCam. Looks like:
V2.820.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-29