SADP password unknown

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Grr this 2CD2342 is running me a merry game

Ok so following on from powering the thing, i finally gained access to the UI and reset the cam back to factory settings

Using SADP i can see the ip address and default gateway will be wrong for the install location

i can change the ip address and ipv4 gateway on the right to what i need but if i use 12345 as a password and hit save i get an error saying

failed to modify the settings ID:001 ??

what am i doing wrong, is the default password not 12345 ??

and reading the manual sometimes helps, however i would like to point out i am a Male, therefore its not my fault

Last edited by a moderator:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I ended up accessing the camera directly and modifying the IP thru the browser rather then use SADP. When you first access the camera via the browser to do this, it will ask you for a password. It needs to be 8-16 characters in length and will rate the strength of it based on what you type in. After that you should be able to access all the other settings.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
what am i doing wrong, is the default password not 12345 ??
Depending on the version of the firmware it could also be 123456789abc
And if very new - might require 'activation'. Use SADP V3.x for that.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Depending on the version of the firmware it could also be 123456789abc
And if very new - might require 'activation'. Use SADP V3.x for that.
it did need activating alastair, reading the manual solved that

however in the NVR web interface ui on the camera management, if you change a camera ip setting my assumption was this was copied over to the camera, it appears this does not happen, i misunderstood

so now i am stuck with the cameras ip address as 192.168.0.64 but with the internal nic as the normal 254 range, the camera is working and showing an image locally and remotely but the quality is terrible and non adjustable, the max available in the drop down box in the video/audio tab on the nvr web ui is 640x360

and because i have set the cam ip address outside of the nvr nics 254 address i cant access the camera remotely

does it mean another site visit and sadp myself out or is there a way to remotely sort out my self inflicted mess

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need to use a computer on that network to access the IP address via a web browser.

Access that and then update the IP address in the camera menu and reboot. It'll appear to freeze on reboot, that's fine. Just wait a minute or two and then try again with the new address.

Or try using the NVR to add the camera using the new IP address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hao chang

n3wb
Reaction score
You can try to access the camera IP address via a web browser
Default password
1234567a
123456789abc