SADP issue

aztihg

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got 2 new cameras from China. I tried to configure them before installation but they couldn't be found by the tool. What is strange is that the sadp does not pick even the two existing cameras that are already installed. I can see both existing cameras on ivms4200 or ivms4500. Is there a way to change the IP address of the new cameras without using the sadp? Thanks for your help.

aztihg

aztihg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I installed the latest version of it, rebooted the machine, but still not lack in seeing the cameras on sadp tool.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check your firewall settings to make sure nothing is blocked. Try another computer on the network and see if it can find it. If it still doesn't work, plug 12volt into the pigtail, plug your ethernet cable directly from your computer to the camera and try to browse to http://192.0.0.64 and see if you can access it directly.

aztihg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank n0fx, the culprit was the firewall (I forgot that last week I installed a new antivirus in my machines). I was able to see both new cameras on sadp and be able to do the set up. However, another strange thing happened. I was expecting that the new cameras to have the default IP 192.0.0.64. I first connected the DS-2CD3332-I (firmware 5.2.5 and on the box 5.3.0) which was shown with an IP from my network and not the default 192.0.0.64 one. When I connected to it through its web interface I was prompted to change the password at it went automatically to the `Security`tab. The second camera (DS-2CD2232-I5 with firmware 5.2.0 and on the box 5.2.3) was shown with the default IP 192.0.0.64 and when I went to its web interface did not ask for password change and opened the `Live View`tab. I did change the default 12345 password on both cameras, but should I be concerned and do more things on the security side. Thanks.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar thing, one of my cams (happens to be a 2332 as well) came with DHCP enabled so it just got an IP from my router.

Just make sure you give them a secure password, turn off uPnP, and yeah.