RTSP parameters

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in the URL path standard rtsp "rtsp://ip:554/Streaming/Channels/2" ,
you can specify other parameters as Bitrate Type, Video Quality and Resolution?

thanks for the support :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I've looked at network captures of the RTSP setup dialogue with the cameras, I've not seen any settings for bitrate, quality resolution, though that could I suppose suggest they are optional.
I think it uses what has been set in the camera configuration.
Hikvision's RTSP document isn't the best in terms of clarity, but here is a fragment that may confirm it:
//bit stream configured information is express by config​
the
information of config is vary along with the video parameters configuration.
And the original document is here:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Integration and Development Materials/03 RTSP/

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want to specify Bitrate Type and Resolutionin the URL rtsp, because by connecting the camera to Qnap NAS parameters are overwritten

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
You can specify the bitrate and resolution in the cameras firmware. Since you are using the 2nd channel, the 'Sub Stream' is what you want to adjust.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, but the problem is when I connect the camera to the Qnap nas, the parameters of the second channel the 'Sub Stream' are entered automatically:

"Bitrate Type:Constant"
"Resolution:352x288"

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, but the problem is when I connect the camera to the Qnap nas, the parameters of the second channel the 'Sub Stream' are entered automatically:

You can adjust that when logging into the camera itself.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, but I was looking for a solution in order to specify the parameters of rtsp url;
Remote I use VLC player and I can not always specify the parameters in the configuration web

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, but I was looking for a solution in order to specify the parameters of rtsp url;
Remote I use VLC player and I can not always specify the parameters in the configuration web
What mike is saying is that if you adjust the parameters in the camera, then that is the stream it will send and that will be reflected in your qnap nas.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if I modify the parameters "sub stream":

"Bitrate Type:Variable"
"Resolution:640x480"

i restart camera and when the camera is connected to qnap, the settings are getting:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you go back into the camera after your restart it what is the subtream set to?

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you go back into the camera after your restart it what is the subtream set to?

restart camera and
I think the nas qnap set this configuration :(

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What a broken record thread. LOL.

To answer your question, 123456, it is not possible to have the camera encode h264 video with encoding parameters inserted into the RTSP URL. Such a thing would exceed the capabilities of the hardware as it would be trying to encode more than one unique h264 stream for each channel.