Review - TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cam (The Cheapest IP Cam So Far !!)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I did say this to you in a PM: ""because it makes it look like I deleted that post after you posted about it. Which I did not do."

I can only suggest that you check timestamps of when my post was deleted vs. when you commented on my deleted post. You will see that I am correctly stating that my post was deleted prior to you first commenting on it.

That said. It would/could be possible that you had already been working on a response to my initial post prior to it being deleted. Which in fact is why I sent you the PM so that you were aware that my post had been deleted. Prior to me even seeing any commentary on my deleted post, by you about it.

Don

Insinuating that our members are would outright steal from suppliers is disgusting and unacceptable...It will not be tolerated.
If hikvision wanted to stop the supply of Chinese cameras here in the us, the could do it within a week...they choose not to. It is my belief that the only interest you have in limiting sales of chinese hikvision here is that the hurt foscam sales because they are far superior to foscam junk cameras. You are a moderator on the foscam forum and therefore feel some kind of
allegiance to them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,

You once again are trying to spin my words. As I have stated in an earlier post here. Where you attempted to do the same thing then.

Please try and look for the sentence's that don't incude a ? at the end. Which would not be questions but your alleged allegations. They are not present in that post. Insinuations don't end with a "?" they end with a ".".

So making claims as you are of: "Insinuating that our members are would outright steal from suppliers is disgusting and unacceptable" are nothing more than your exaggerations of my words.

Don
Insinuations can absolutely be made despite a question mark at the very end...
This is what your wrote...its abhorrent and a direct insult to the members here...

"I mean please "Let's get honest and real here". This forum is filled with posts of people intentionally purchasing Hikvision IP Cameras which are intended to be sold in China only at a cheaper price and hacking them to be able to be used elsewhere ("Outside of China") to save money.

So, because of that fact. What makes you think that some here, won't want to use your concept to get two cameras for the price of one. At the expense of a excellent seller and/or my time?""

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@TheUberOverLord , STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS WITH NEW INFORMATION SO AS TO MAKE IT APPEAR THAT YOUR ALLEGATIONS ARE NOT BEING RESPONDED TO.
If you have something new to say, start a new post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,

You once again are trying to spin my words. As I have stated in an earlier post here. Where you attempted to do the same thing then.

Please try and look for the sentence's that don't incude a ? at the end. Which would not be questions but your alleged allegations. They are not present in the post that you are referring to. Insinuations don't end with a "?" they end with a ".".

So making claims as you are of: "Insinuating that our members are would outright steal from suppliers is disgusting and unacceptable" are nothing more than your over exaggerations of my words.

Much like you made the false allegation you did here. You are doing the same above.

So. Please try to stop spinning my words.

Don
My comment about kish not using your firmware was directed at the cause of the bricking. He used the sellers firmware that caused the brick....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,

Please try and look for the sentence's that don't incude a ? at the end. Which would not be questions but your alleged allegations. They are not present in the post that you are referring to. Insinuations don't end with a "?" they end with a ".".

So making claims as you are of: "Insinuating that our members are would outright steal from suppliers is disgusting and unacceptable" are nothing more than your over exaggerations of my words.

Much like you made the false allegation you did here. You are doing the same above.

So. Please try to stop spinning my words.

Foscam or my being a moderator in the Foscam forum has nothing to do with this subject matter other than there was once a time in the past that I had to temp ban you ("For 3 days") from the Foscam forum for linking to other IP Camera brands so that others could use those links to purchase other brands of IP Cameras.

Which logically would not be tolerated by any IP Camera manufacturers forum. I gave you many warnings before temp banning you for 3 days and 3 days only.

You still can't seem to get over that.

Don
Its more than that..I know you were directly involved in complaints about my comments about foscam on cam-it as well...That completely unacceptable to try to manipulate reviews on a forum that is supposed to be neutral..that is why this forum exists, because folks can speak freely without the fear of being banned....this forum is about the sharing of information without filter...So folks can see that instead of paying focam for a junk vga camera they can get a 3mp hikvision/dahua for the same price.
When you post incorrect or improper information here, I will call you out on it and unlike the other forums, there is simply nothing you can do to prevent the voicing of my opinion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest issues is the way you went on a rant, trashing kish and this forum..it is not acceptable....kish did not ask for your help....if you dont want to give it, ignore the request.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The post which you can't seem to let go of was deleted. Yet you have kept referencing it. Why I am not sure. I even went out of my way to send you a PM informing you that the post was already deleted prior to you even making any comment about it. After I saw your first of many comments about it, after it had been gone and deleted.

Again. Please re-read the deleted post. I have questions there with sentences that end with a "?" not allegations which end in "."

Don
The question mark is irrelevant...you made the allegation...You made the allegation again in post 309..
You seem a little too concerned about hikvision supply chain, and this manufacturers supply chain...something doesn't add up...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I made no allegations fenderman. My words are very clear and I did ask questions.

Don
Allegations wrapped in question form are worse than making them outright..
Please stop editing your posts with new info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,

I completely disagree with your philosophy on this. Because to do otherwise would mean that when asking questions that all questions are nothing more than allegations in disguise:

Are you an honest person? Would mean that the person asking the questions thinks you are a thief.

Do you mind waiting a few minutes? Would mean, that the person asking the question thinks that you look like you can't control your temper.

So questions are not allegations.

Anyway. This thread is way off topic now, if you wish to continue keeping it off topic, you can continue to do so yourself. Without my help.

Don
For once i wish that was true..lets see if you can stop editing your posts with new information and keep the thread on topic...I doubt it though..

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A lot of information has been contributed here and it's great that we have members willing to assist others on their own time and at their own cost. It also seems that it's been valuable to many, many people.

Keep it up guys :encouragement:

Waveypole

n3wb
Reaction score
Lojix, found this Forum through your YouTube post......Great Forum....." Go Raibh Maith agot "
....Thanks

Legolas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. First post here. Need your advice, please.

I bought an ELP re-branded version of this camera here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KA4M4WS?ie=UTF8

I connected it to my router with gateway 192.168.1.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

The program called "Device Manager" finds the camera via "IP Search". I installed ActiveX from CD and allowed ActiveX to run in IE when accessing the camera. But the language menu is still greyed out so I can't choose English. I reinstalled updated ActiveX from a link in this thread but that didn't change anything.

Also in CMS when I click System-Device Manager - the new window is empty with "Zone List" on top. How do I add the device??? What am I doing wrong?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
..How do I add the device??? What am I doing wrong?
I realize this is a long thread but I highly recommend that you go back and sift through it because you will be amazed at the amount of information in it. Specifically check out lojix's posts and tutorials :)

Where did you get your CMS installer?

Legolas

n3wb
Reaction score
Please post the entire system firmware version number shown above. For your mini IP Camera so that I can suggest how to proceed with your IE browser issue.

Please also include in that same post. Your versions of Windows as well as IE and if your windows system is 32 or 64 bit based.

Don
Oh.... Thank you very-very-very much, Don, for your help!!! I did what you said. Here's the version number:
V4.02.R12.00006510.10010.1303

My Windows is Win 7 64 bit, SP1.
IE version: 11.0.9600.17501 (Update Versiosn: 11.0.15 (KB3008923))

IE thing still does not work. I tried ActiveX from CD before I uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller and tried the updated version of ActiveX from your link. Didn't work. But I guess I may not need it since you helped me with CMS ?..

Should I update the firmware? Are there any risks? Should I use latest CMS version?

I will have to play with this as I have time and see if the camera can do what I want. That is motion-detection snapshots or videos to be uploaded to an remote FTP. I don't have an FTP and I'm trying to avoid paying for it, although I doubt that it's possible. Looking forward to your post regarding firmware, ActiveX, etc. Many thanks again!

Attachments

Legolas

n3wb
Reaction score
Note: You can install firmware upgrades using CMS, Device Manager and an IE browser. So I would download at minimum the latest Device Manager from the above link ("After uninstalling any older version") first. Then use the Device Manager to install the latest 6510 firmware from the link above. I know your Device Manager is an older version because a new version of the Device Manager

Don
TheUberOverLord,

Thanks again. If I got it right, 6510 is model and not a firmware revision number, correct? Is there a way to know what the camera's current firmware revision is?

I'm not sure if it were you or someone else in the beginning of this thread mentioning that firmware updates often brick IP cameras. Have people mostly succeeded in updating firmware for this particular camera? Anyone bricked this camera by doing that?

Last edited by a moderator:

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed ActiveX from CD and allowed ActiveX to run in IE when accessing the camera. But the language menu is still greyed out so I can't choose English. I reinstalled updated ActiveX from a link in this thread but that didn't change anything.
Aside from the previously recommended advice, and Just in regards to the above info...

I'm not sure if this applies in your situation but from memory, depending on the version of IE you are running, when accessing via the the IP cameras web browser interface you may need to be running IE as 'Administrator' (right click/run as..). Without admin privileges, you will have basic access in within the interface, but some settings are unavailable (grayed out) ...or the settings may not be grayed out but any changes that are made simply don't take affect after saving.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it were you or someone else in the beginning of this thread mentioning that firmware updates often brick IP cameras. Have people mostly succeeded in updating firmware for this particular camera? Anyone bricked this camera by doing that?
I know it is a long thread, as mentioned earlier... but it is highly recommended to have a read over it (to anyone with interest) as quite a lot of relevant information has been covered :)

Legolas

n3wb
Reaction score
I know it is a long thread, as mentioned earlier... but it is highly recommended to have a read over it (to anyone with interest) as quite a lot of relevant information has been covered :)
I've read most of this thread and searched through it but for some reason, I'm not finding the info I need...

TheUberOverLord,
I've tried to update the firmware via Device Manager but the version didn't change. Is that because my camera still has no password so firmware update doesn't work? If so, then please, forgive me if this was answered already, but how do I change password? I tried to enter a password in Device Manager and hit "Modify" got I'm getting "SetCofigTimeout" message...

I've also tried to upgrade firmware via CMS. It says "Complete" of something like that but firmware version didn't change either.