Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not changing size moving in and out seems weird.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That sounds like a spot on the dome or lens. Usually a pixel fails as white.

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can open the housing and check if any dirty dot on the lens. If not just contact me via DM, will ask US warranty to follow up.
Defect with protective dome Pulled off
Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 12.22.41 PM.png

After cleaning - there are some specs inside the lens. Maybe even a defect in the glass.
IMG_1987.jpeg

Reinstalled - Same defect
Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 12.23.36 PM.png

Looks to be a glass/lens issue.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a very noticeable video pulse on mine. The only thing that seems to tame is it selecting the AI Codec which I've not used before. Is there a downside to doing so?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a very noticeable video pulse on mine. The only thing that seems to tame is it selecting the AI Codec which I've not used before. Is there a downside to doing so?
The AI codec will Drop the FPS and may alter/override other parameter settings depending on your field of view. That could negatively impact something like BI motion detection and could blur motion in certain light conditions.

In some ways it is like making it act like a Reolink lol:lmao:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hasn't seemed to changed the FPS or throughput as far as I can tell. I set mine at 15 and that's what BI shows. Not using BI motion detection so not too concerned about that. IVS and tracking seem to work OK. Spotters aren't affected by that cam's settings (obviously). Haven't seen any blurring. In fact, seems to give a slightly more clear image but that may just be because it's not shifting every second or so. Have to see how it acts when it gets dark in a while.

Any other suggestions to get rid of the pulse? I tried the usual stuff. Raising bitrate doesn't help. Changing FPS/IFrame just changes the frequency. Don't really want to go less than 15 on this cam.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you see any difference in quality at night and also in performance due to AI Codec?

Thanks

Hasn't seemed to changed the FPS or throughput as far as I can tell. I set mine at 15 and that's what BI shows. Not using BI motion detection so not too concerned about that. IVS and tracking seem to work OK. Spotters aren't affected by that cam's settings (obviously). Haven't seen any blurring. In fact, seems to give a slightly more clear image but that may just be because it's not shifting every second or so. Have to see how it acts when it gets dark in a while.

Any other suggestions to get rid of the pulse? I tried the usual stuff. Raising bitrate doesn't help. Changing FPS/IFrame just changes the frequency. Don't really want to go less than 15 on this cam.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
So far no difference as far as I can tell. Not much happened last night to test it. I went out and walked around and that seemed to work fine. Image looks the same.

Anyone else see pulsing or is that just me/my scene?

kenzi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far no difference as far as I can tell. Not much happened last night to test it. I went out and walked around and that seemed to work fine. Image looks the same.

Nop I also see it here, I have write to Andy about it, and no chance in new frmware sadly
My I Frame Interval I have to turn up 150, to minimal the pulsing.

Last edited:

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I see the pulsing too, it's not just you. But I just "live" with it now.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the AI codec. Let us know if it works and/or if you find any negative effects.

I have a big area of grass in view where I have mine parked most of the time. That always seems to make the pulsing more apparent so was bugging me.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try the AI codec. Let us know if it works and/or if you find any negative effects.

I have a big area of grass in view where I have mine parked most of the time. That always seems to make the pulsing more apparent so was bugging me.
My view has lots of grass as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not experience the pulsating either unless I push the limits with the available light.

I believe the flicker is a byproduct of the newer firmware once you reach the point of not having enough light for the shutter speed being ran.

Make sure you take white balance off of auto and select outdoor.

I thought I remember, but can't find, in one of the other camera threads someone mentioning dropping saturation helped eliminate the pulse.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Selecting AI Codec definitely curbed the pulsing but I'd get momentary blurring when panning. Didn't like that. My WB is set to outdoor and lowering saturation did not help. Besides.......I like my higher saturation!! :cool: