Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes depending on your range of motion you might need more than one. Or attach it to the dome lol
Well this got me thinking........no not about attaching the illuminator to the globe :p. Right below where I have my PTZ cam installed is a steel mast that had a couple LTE antennas on it. They have since been decommissioned. Looking at the photo, would this mast work for adding a couple of the IR illuminators? I'd install two 90 degrees from one another. The mast already has conduit that runs under the house for power.

Attachments

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Well this got me thinking........no not about attaching the illuminator to the globe :p. Right below where I have my PTZ cam installed is a steel mast that had a couple LTE antennas on it. They have since been decommissioned. Looking at the photo, would this mast work for adding a couple of the IR illuminators? I'd install two 90 degrees from one another. The mast already has conduit that runs under the house for power.
No reason that shouldn't work. I have found the Tendelux like to be installed higher, if possible, because they have a heavy flood pattern. If you are going to install this low, I would recommend the 10w units.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that should work, but the IR does work better higher.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No reason that shouldn't work. I have found the Tendelux like to be installed higher, if possible, because they have a heavy flood pattern. If you are going to install this low, I would recommend the 10w units.
Is there another brand I should be looking at besides Tendelux? One that does better a little lower.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The reason that the Tendelux does better higher is because so much IR tends to be too much when closer to the ground highlighting it right in front of the cam. May be able to aim it up and/or off to the sides some to help minimize that. I have one mounted for use with this cam. It is mounted higher but I think you'll be OK by the time you adjust exposure, et. al. It's not as sensitive as some like the 5442s so doesn't get blown out so much. Also, most of the hot spot will be close to the cam. You'll be past a lot of that with the minimum ~5mm lens.

Last edited:

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The reason that the Tendelux does better higher is because so much IR tends to be too much when closer to the ground highlighting it right in front of the cam. May be able to aim it up and/or off to the sides some to help minimize that. I have one mounted for use with this cam. It is mounted higher but I think you'll be OK by the time you adjust exposure, et. al. It's not as sensitive as some like the 5442s so doesn't get blown out so much.
Well, I'm thinking it has to be better than the built in IR on the camera.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it's a lot more. lol

Not sure what kind of reflection you might get with the dome with it mounted there. Keep it turned away and probably OK. Too good of a potential spot not to give it a try. If you need to, you could always use that for power and run the cable over to the trim and mount the illuminator higher on the house.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just posted a comparison thread between the 49225 versus 49425 versus the min-PTZ:

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I just got my camera setup and still trying to come to terms with the new UI.
Can somebody please help me with the auto tracking feature. Where is it in the UI? I don't have a spotter camera. I just want the camera to track people or objects.
I have an ocean view does anybody know if I can point the camera at a boat and have it track it?

Thanks,
Dan

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I just got my camera setup and still trying to come to terms with the new UI.
Can somebody please help me with the auto tracking feature. Where is it in the UI? I don't have a spotter camera. I just want the camera to track people or objects.
I have an ocean view does anybody know if I can point the camera at a boat and have it track it?

Thanks,
Dan
Here is the video instructions on how to set up the autotracking.

Unfortunately, these are designed to track people or vehicles. You may have some success with a boat, but I wouldn't count on it being a high probability.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks,
Dan
I have Hikvision one as well which is same cam with their "Smart tracking" feature, it can track everything, including shadows and tree movement. Highly annoying.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted this PTZ directly behind another cam say a 5442 turret? It appears it would be tall enough that the base alone would clear the other camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted this PTZ directly behind another cam say a 5442 turret? It appears it would be tall enough that the base alone would clear the other camera.
Here is an image from one of the earlier pages in this thread showing a 5442 next to this camera. With a junction box no way, but even then without a junction box, you run the risk of IR bounce off the camera in front of the PTZ. I would offset it or more separation.

1688608659460.png

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is an image from one of the earlier pages in this thread showing a 5442 next to this camera. With a junction box no way, but even then without a junction box, you run the risk of IR bounce off the camera in front of the PTZ. I would offset it or more separation.

View attachment 167061
I’m not using J boxes, I have 2x6 scabbed into the soffit and have the cams directly screwed into them.
I do understand your saying about the IR bounce though.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

View attachment 167061
I took a minute and had a look at the soffit today and I think I can move the 5442 closer to right edge and put the mini PTZ out a little further to the edge and closer to the gutter and make it work. It would be the optimal position for the PTZ cam to get the most coverage on the front and down the side of the house.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Working on the tearing issue and losing slow walkers today.

I think it has to do with my IVS rules, spotters, and running SMD simultaneously with IVS. I’ve turned off SMD.

will report back
Solved the tearing problem. It was overlapping SMD with IVS rules. Turned off SMD, no more tearing.

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have mounted my camera and I have noticed artifacts in the picture - three black specs.
They stay in the same place in frame when moving around (PT) and are the same size when I zoom in and out (Z). So does not look to be on the outside of the camera lens.

Is this a sensor issue or dust inside the lens? Either way this is pretty disappointing.

Suggestions?

Dan

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 3.13.01 PM.png

Update:
I have tried changing the encoding on the camera from H265 to H264 and that did not help. The artifact is still there.

Last edited: