Review: IPC-LPR237B-IR / Equivalent of Dahua ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B - ANPR, Traffic & Access Control Camera

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got my yesterday! Still only mounted in a tripod in my office and tested reading plates from a Youtube clip :)

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No i got a US version a while ago( before you started selling it), but it came with 2.623.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2020-04-07 firmware and the latest US firmware i could find. I is missing some settings 625 firmware has, and does glitch sometimes .

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
No i got a US version a while ago( before you started selling it), but it came with 2.623.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2020-04-07 firmware and the latest US firmware i could find. I is missing some settings 625 firmware has, and does glitch sometimes .
OK, i will check if has some new fw and send to @Wildcat_1 to test and then release.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @EmpireTech, if there's a new European version I'd be happy to test as well

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried the US version and looks like it may be the wrong version or that Dahua may have split FW by model as it errors out multiple times. Reported back to Andy

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:( Sad
Name looks correct though, the European one I tried had a name "General_ITC215(237)-PW6M-XXX_Eng_PN_Oversea_ITCPUSH_AreaSwitch_V2.625.0000000.2.R.210714" and it did install just fine.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Trying a new one just now and this one works (cam accepts the FW) for the ITC-237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B and this one is the 210719 FW. I will test on this unit and make sure it works well

tech191

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How far have you guys tested this camera? How would it perform in low light conditions at 165ft? I assume IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E couldn't cut it. Any better options (ideally cost effective) that could work at that distance at night?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reading plates at a distance is based on the ability to optically zoom to that distance, along with setting the parameters like shutter speed.

At night, most of us have to run B/W with infrared due to the fast shutter speed and as such all we see are head/tail lights and the plate.

The Z12E doesn't read and store plates like this camera does, but the Z12E can certainly capture images to read plates at 165 feet.

Here is a representative sample of plates I get at night of vehicles traveling about 45MPH at 175 feet from my Z12E:

1634132866110.png

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been running this camera since the summer and I must say it's really impressive. I installed it and started to test it to tweak the settings but in all honesty I didn't see a need to change anything as it exceeded my expectations with stock settings.

Just want to share this clip where the camera catches the plate without any problem even though the (kick ass intense and expensive) LED-bar is just below the plate. The distance between the car and the camera is about 20m/60ft.

Yes, I was driving really slow in the video as I had a trailer on but I get the same result even in higher speeds.

The camera will be moved later on to be used to open an electric gate.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
How far have you guys tested this camera? How would it perform in low light conditions at 165ft? I assume IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E couldn't cut it. Any better options (ideally cost effective) that could work at that distance at night?
I've certainly used this at around the 150 to 160ft range (and the 5241-Z12 too) and it absolutely can work. Remember this comes down to FOV, distance, angle and height to target, speed of targets in your capture zone and ensuring you have clear LOS to the plate etc. Also remember that lighting is important, even though you will be using IR. Specifically if you want decent captures of plate + vehicle type or even plate + vehicle pics then lighting on scene is important too especially as you will be utilizing higher shutter speed. If your FOV is a little more 'challenging' in the areas above then you would expect that distance to be cut down to around 60 - 80ft for decent recognition BUT again all depends on your install location, FOV, target variables + lighting.

As I demonstrated in the review, this camera is VERY GOOD at what it does since this is focused on Traffic captures and nothing else.

HTH

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've certainly used this at around the 150 to 160ft range (and the 5241-Z12 too) and it absolutely can work. Remember this comes down to FOV, distance, angle and height to target, speed of targets in your capture zone and ensuring you have clear LOS to the plate etc. Also remember that lighting is important, even though you will be using IR. Specifically if you want decent captures of plate + vehicle type or even plate + vehicle pics then lighting on scene is important too especially as you will be utilizing higher shutter speed. If your FOV is a little more 'challenging' in the areas above then you would expect that distance to be cut down to around 60 - 80ft for decent recognition BUT again all depends on your install location, FOV, target variables + lighting.

As I demonstrated in the review, this camera is VERY GOOD at what it does since this is focused on Traffic captures and nothing else.

HTH
Wildcat, in your initial review I think you mentioned that the exposure and shutter (and may all other camera conditions) on this camera do not have day/night mode and one would need to have one set of settings to accommodate both day and night conditions. I certainly could have misread it, but if that's the case, is the camera amenable at all to being used outdoors where there is sun during the day and darkness at night?

tech191

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to pull the trigger as early as today after some criminal activity in my immediate area. But I want to figure out how it compares against Hikvision DS-2CD7A26G0-P-IZHS8 or Nelly's IPCT-LPR-832-BT1. Pricing is in the same ballpark. My constraint is that the choke point is 160 feet away where it's on the dark side. I have not seen much talk here about these 2 cameras although Nelly's option is sold here in the ipcamtalk store. The IR range on the Hikvision is 165ft.Any hands on experience? Just like all of us here, I'm trying to spend my $ wisely.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to pull the trigger as early as today after some criminal activity in my immediate area. But I want to figure out how it compares against Hikvision DS-2CD7A26G0-P-IZHS8 or Nelly's IPCT-LPR-832-BT1. Pricing is in the same ballpark. My constraint is that the choke point is 160 feet away where it's on the dark side. I have not seen much talk here about these 2 cameras although Nelly's option is sold here in the ipcamtalk store. The IR range on the Hikvision is 165ft.Any hands on experience? Just like all of us here, I'm trying to spend my $ wisely.
I am assuming you want the auto read/store feature of the camera?

If that isn't important to you, then I would go with the Z12E. You can always add a 3rd party plate reader later if you decide that is something you want.