Review: IPC-LPR237B-IR / Equivalent of Dahua ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B - ANPR, Traffic & Access Control Camera

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How many plates can this camera register?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you attach network storage that would allow you to retain plates and pictures longer? 10,000 plates is nothing.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you attach network storage that would allow you to retain plates and pictures longer? 10,000 plates is nothing.
Well, remember that’s not for storage of plates as for storing capture plates and pics that is just limited by your storage method so even just increasing SD card storage can assist there.

The 10.000 limit is for on cam used for white/blacklist programs / processing in a standalone fashion I.e deploy it in the field with an SD card for capture storage and no connection to NVR or platform but you want the cam to process against white or blacklist for alarm and / or barrier and access controls by itself using your pre-loaded (up to) 10k plate list.

If you want / need a higher number of plates in a white or blacklist function then you can add those to your NVR or platform and have that process white / blacklist programs that way.

Again just want to make sure it’s clear that the 10k limit is for on-cam, stand-alone white/blacklist programs using its embedded processing for barrier, access, entry or alarm controls NOT the limit of pic, plate caps that can be stored for simple ANPR caps to your storage of choice (including SD card).

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the topic of NVR integration, what does this support in terms of pro-active alerts of plate recognition events and are there filters for whether a plate is a "known friendly" plate versus a new one, etc.? I assume (but please confirm) email alerts probably exist, though that wouldn't be ideal for more than occasional events. Does this support calling out to an external server with a generic HTTP POST (or GET) that isn't tied to a specific NVR? Thanks again for your work on this review.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What junction box is compatible with this? I think its meant to be installed under an eave. Anyone noticed the sheer size of this? :rofl:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
B&H Ouch at $684.95 plus tax
Showing 10-50mm Motorized Varifocal Lens

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Arjun as mentioned on my first post this does come with the J style mount so you can mount direct under eve out of the box should you wish. As shown, that mount also has a cable channel cutout to run the cable from conduit etc into that mount. Should you wish to explore other options then you can certainly use the pole mount option or the PFA162 - Mount Adapter Housing Bracket as I mentioned. The PFA143 external junction box is not needed for most installs based on how and where you would mount this.

HTH

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Seeing how this thing is massive, my neighbors will think I've gone crazy if I install this :rofl:

This thing is as big as the red light cameras placed at not so busy intersections

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have deployed about 50 of these cameras, one of the best anpr cameras on the market especially for the price.
Agreed. Having used many true traffic cams including the Hik offerings, this cam does what it does very well. Just respect the config, dial it in properly for the FOV and application needs as I always say then sit back and be impressed :)

More to come as I continue the review and also switch FW versions too

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I just feel like this one will stick out too much, putting this on a residential property may be an eye compared to the popular 64mm Focal length bullet camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I just feel like this one will stick out too much, putting this on a residential property may be an eye compared to the popular 64mm Focal length bullet camera
its not that bad really. The sun hood / visor is bigger than most which makes it look a lot larger. Certainly bigger than the 5241 but again can easily be used in residential if you choose your install location well. Tucking under eaves or even inside an open porch facing out can work well.

HTH

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have a big eave, even if I try to tuck this under a gutter, it will still protrude out a bit too much

its not that bad really. The sun hood / visor is bigger than most which makes it look a lot larger. Certainly bigger than the 5241 but again can easily be used in residential if you choose your install
Location. Tucking under eaves or even inside an open porch facing out can work well.

HTH