Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

R4v3n

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought the VTO2202F-P, and when I plug it (PoE), it keeps making the tamper alarm noise. I have to hold the back button with a finger to stop it. It's not an easy way to take time to configure it. Is there a way to disable the tamper alarm for the configuration period ? Or something else ?
I tried to put it in the Flush mount parts (VTM114) so the back big "plot" can push this tamper button, but it doesn't even touch it, I don't understand why.

Thanks for help :)

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I recently bought the VTO2202F-P, and when I plug it (PoE), it keeps making the tamper alarm noise. I have to hold the back button with a finger to stop it. It's not an easy way to take time to configure it. Is there a way to disable the tamper alarm for the configuration period ? Or something else ?
I tried to put it in the Flush mount parts (VTM114) so the back big "plot" can push this tamper button, but it doesn't even touch it, I don't understand why.

Well, I'm gonna make a pun remark, but "did you stick it deep enough" in the mount part? ;-) The tamper button is there for a reason, if you don't like it, you can always try to put some scotch tape over it so it gets pressed in all the time, but that undermines its purpose when actually deployed. My VTO2000A had to be pushed real deep into its enclosure too. And if you want to work quietely when installing, unplug the ethernet cable at the other side ;-)

Good luck!
CC

R4v3n

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna make a pun remark, but "did you stick it deep enough" in the mount part? ;-) The tamper button is there for a reason, if you don't like it, you can always try to put some scotch tape over it so it gets pressed in all the time, but that undermines its purpose when actually deployed. My VTO2000A had to be pushed real deep into its enclosure too. And if you want to work quietely when installing, unplug the ethernet cable at the other side ;-)

Good luck!
CC
Thanks for this pun :p I just put the VTO in the external mount, then put this in the flush mount, without screws. So the only thing that call press more is if I screw all those parts together, and still it seems to me (I didn't tried) to be a bit short to push the button.

I can try to tape it. I just want this for the configuration part, when I'll put it in the wall, I'll release the button.
I'm pretty sure there's a way to stop the alarm, because on every video I can see on youtube, doing a review of this VTO, the VTO is always alone without the mount around, and it's working normally.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for this pun :p I just put the VTO in the external mount, then put this in the flush mount, without screws. So the only thing that call press more is if I screw all those parts together, and still it seems to me (I didn't tried) to be a bit short to push the button.

I can try to tape it. I just want this for the configuration part, when I'll put it in the wall, I'll release the button.
I'm pretty sure there's a way to stop the alarm, because on every video I can see on youtube, doing a review of this VTO, the VTO is always alone without the mount around, and it's working normally.
Then they must have good scotch tape :p

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Excellent review Looney. Would you say a novice person would be able to install this themselves? or does it require the need to hire a electrician?

iamtalh

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi. which of these products would you recommend for home security camera system installation?

Amazon.com : Dahua 4K IP Kit: 16-Ch NVR + 8 x 4MP Security Camera, White (N5168D124) : Camera & Photo eVYPI & pd_rd_wg = fen61 & pf_rd_p = ac587cb8-98e4-4d13-a222-ad48ec2c8a98 & pf_rd_r = 16M873XEBWCQHCZK6G2Y & psc = 1 & refRID = 16M873XEBWCQHC

Neither.
You need to read this, and go to all the links listed in the pdf.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey guys, I have an old AIPHONE intercom system with a Doorbell unit, and 2 indoor monitor stations....there is wiring with power run through the walls to a "homerun" central location...i think it's 4 wires?!....any way to take advantage of this wiring or am i better off trying to run cat 5/6 runs to each location i want the stations to be at, as well as the main doorbell unit?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I'll bet the existing wiring is 18/4 bell or thermostat wire which is not suitable for ethernet, plus good luck getting an RJ45 on it.

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to replace my Siedle Vario intercom by this Dahua VTO.
Currently the Siedle intercom is triggering several physical door chimes when someone is ringing.
Is is possible to use this Dahua VTO through PoE and at the same time triggering the physical door chimes ?

It seems that I have to use this 2-wire connection (EOC1 and EOC2) but how ?
And would that work with PoE at the same time ?

Thanks

marvine

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine also does give tamper alarms quite often and then reinitialize then i must put in the password and mail adress.
Is this some kiind of safety thing ?

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A guide about how to make VTH/VTO working would also be useful, I can contribute...
The easiest and only successful way for me to set up the VTH/VTO, is to have both the VTH and VTO at factory default, and initialize/setup the VTO using the VTH device. Then afterwards, you can finalize/tune the VTO setup via web configuration.

Starting the VTO initialize/setup via web configuration does not fare well. Even with the VTO (configured via web browser) and VTH (configured on device) configured properly, the VTO just will not ring the VTH. All the VTO does is give the message, "The call is not answered." when the call button is pushed.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
The easiest and only successful way for me to set up the VTH/VTO, is to have both the VTH and VTO at factory default, and initialize/setup the VTO using the VTH device. Then afterwards, you can finalize/tune the VTO setup via web configuration.

Starting the VTO initialize/setup via web configuration does not fare well. Even with the VTO (configured via web browser) and VTH (configured on device) configured properly, the VTO just will not ring the VTH. All the VTO does is give the message, "The call is not answered." when the call button is pushed.
how does the doorstaion look mounted on you wall? (or did you get the flush mount kit)

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how does the doorstaion look mounted on you wall? (or did you get the flush mount kit)
Looks good. The 1st one (2nd one is still on my test bench) I have installed is mounted on a stucco facade with corrugated metal behind the stucco. This is a warehouse building space. I also ran some silicone between the edges of where the surface mount box meets stucco wall. I will get a picture the next time I am in the area.

Last edited:

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

In the VTO go under Audio Control and set "Alarm" to disable. Youll also need to turn the alarm volume on the VTH to 0. I plan to re-enable these things when I'm done bench testing.

R4v3n

n3wb
Reaction score
In the VTO go under Audio Control and set "Alarm" to disable. Youll also need to turn the alarm volume on the VTH to 0. I plan to re-enable these things when I'm done bench testing.
Thanks for your reply, since I posted, I found this solution ! (I don't have the VTH, I got a SIP server so I can ring anything talking SIP on my LAN).

Ribons

n3wb
Reaction score
Io ho VTO 2202F-P e VTH 5222CH-S1 e tutto funziona bene. La mia domanda: la targhetta è illuminata di notte?

i have VTO 2202F-P and VTH 5222CH-S1 and everything works fine. My question: is the nameplate illuminated at night? Thanks