Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's the setting I need and at the moment I only have Red & Blue manual setting in the White Balance.
Only a Red and Blue adjustment seems to be pretty standard with IP Cams, in my experience. Most do not have ability to adjust the green channel....Should still be able to get rid of some of the yellow light by increasing the blue channel and maybe decreasing the red.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's fine during the day and if I adjust it for night it will be out in the day if that makes sense. I will just wait for the white street LED upgrade which is coming.
I see. I was thinking it had separate day and night profiles...You could always force day/night profiles at sunrise/sunset using scripts, although it would require a computer to activate the script at the right times each day. Could be done if it were really bothersome, though...I'm not sure if it's possible to embed a script in the cameras internal memory with Telnet or not. Seems like it would be since the cam is basically just a small linux computer with optical hardware attached, but I don't know how exactly to do it...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns. Must be part of the newest firmware? I did notice he 6AE doesn't have the global tab for IVS any longer, but the three SD59's I administer do have the global tab. I've left them all on the 9/16 firmware because it works well, without issue. Good to know, but I don't think I'll be updating the firmware too soon, they work so well.

SD
I'm still on the July 2016 firmware. ;)

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm still on the July 2016 firmware. ;)
LT, I'm at a loss? I have countless hours administering the SD59's and have never seen the manual tracking icon on the live preview web gui. Hmmm. I'll take a screenshot of the SD6AE's long list of icons that I've never seen anywhere else. From memory as I'm not in front of it, you can draw on the live view in 4 colors. There is a panoramic view mode that the camera takes a picture at many multiple location and "sews" together a screen shot. The manual tracking toggle. Two alarm relays. A focus icon that is different than the others (SD59's). I'll have time tonight to get some more info out there. The thing has 7 alarm inputs! I don't know where anyone could even use 7 alarms? Maybe multiple PIR's to swing to PTZ presets. It has an analog 720P BNC output if you need another monitoring station for it.

I apologize I'm getting away from the main topic. I will start, or add to ljw2k's thread about the SD6AE. I'm amazed by it, really and I've now installed 6 different Dahua models so far, over 30 individual cameras.

SD

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LT, I'm at a loss? I have countless hours administering the SD59's and have never seen the manual tracking icon on the live preview web gui. Hmmm. I'll take a screenshot of the SD6AE's long list of icons that I've never seen anywhere else. From memory as I'm not in front of it, you can draw on the live view in 4 colors. There is a panoramic view mode that the camera takes a picture at many multiple location and "sews" together a screen shot. The manual tracking toggle. Two alarm relays. A focus icon that is different than the others (SD59's). I'll have time tonight to get some more info out there. The thing has 7 alarm inputs! I don't know where anyone could even use 7 alarms? Maybe multiple PIR's to swing to PTZ presets. It has an analog 720P BNC output if you need another monitoring station for it.

I apologize I'm getting away from the main topic. I will start, or add to ljw2k's thread about the SD6AE. I'm amazed by it, really and I've now installed 6 different Dahua models so far, over 30 individual cameras.

SD
Manual Track.jpg Version.jpg

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got mine in yesterday from Andy (SUPER fast shipping!), must say I'm quite impressed with the build quality of the unit. I will say though, this beast is HEAVY. I'm used to old school Axis 23x's that are light, no way I'm putting this puppy up while on a ladder 30ft up!

Wish they included a loop or attach point on it so I could clip a safety cable to it while installing like the Axis line has, one of my biggest gripes so far. Not a big deal when working in a lift but when you use an extension ladder for most of your work, makes things so much easier!

Also noticed the Global tab missing just like a few others so I'm having to experiment around on the autotracking and see what might be missing(@Frank van der Heide did you ever find a fix to this?)

Looking forward to more toying around with this later and can't wait to get it mounted at the farm. I really didn't need the tracking but seemed like a fun extra thing to play with!

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got my unit installed, up a ladder, by myself....Totally easier w/ a harness and loop belt!

Unfortunately I somehow managed to forget the stupid rubber gasket for the PFA box! Gah...Now to put ladder BACK up and climb again, pull the camera off and put it back on :p

I'll say this though, extremely impressed w/ the range on this thing for IR in black/white mode. Got tons of settings to toy with and really looking forward to putting this through its paces. Once I get a good grasp on it, I'll probably pick up another 59 or perhaps 49...Or even one of the bigger ones :D

Thanks again to Andy for the fast shipping and excellent price!

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finalized the last SD59 on the back corner of the house. One last 5231 to install on the rear soffit and I'm done. My 5th corner mount, and I'll say, I'm getting much better at siding removal, protecto wrap and J channel cosmetics.

This one covers the deck, back yard and shed. Don't expect or need much tracking back there. The low light capabilities are still awesome. No focus issues here Mike. Not trying to accomplish something it wasn't meant for.

SD

IMG_5617.JPG IMG_5616.JPG IMG_5618.JPG IMG_5619.JPG IMG_5620.JPG

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finalized the last SD59 on the back corner of the house. One last 5231 to install on the rear soffit and I'm done. My 5th corner mount, and I'll say, I'm getting much better at siding removal, protecto wrap and J channel cosmetics.

This one covers the deck, back yard and shed. Don't expect or need much tracking back there. The low light capabilities are still awesome. No focus issues here Mike. Not trying to accomplish something it wasn't meant for.

SD
Very professional level install. What is that black stuff you're using to cover that hole? Is that the firewall plug/boot people have linked before?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very professional level install. What is that black stuff you're using to cover that hole? Is that the firewall plug/boot people have linked before?
Just some standard GB duct seal. It's awesome waterproofing putty.

Expensive at Amazon.

Amazon.com: Gardner Bender DS-110N 1-Pound Duct Seal Compound: Home Improvement

$2.99 a lb at local Home Depot/Lowes

Shop Gardner Bender 1-lb Pug Duct Seal at Lowes.com

Gardner Bender 1 lb. Plug Duct Seal Compound-DS-110 - The Home Depot

The boot wouldn't work as well here with the limited space behind the mount.

SD

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Just some standard GB duct seal. It's awesome waterproofing putty.

Expensive at Amazon.

Amazon.com: Gardner Bender DS-110N 1-Pound Duct Seal Compound: Home Improvement

$2.99 a lb at local Home Depot/Lowes

Shop Gardner Bender 1-lb Pug Duct Seal at Lowes.com

Gardner Bender 1 lb. Plug Duct Seal Compound-DS-110 - The Home Depot

The boot wouldn't work as well here with the limited space behind the mount.

SD

Does it dry or harden up? Or it is easily removed and cleaned up if needed?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does it dry or harden up? Or it is easily removed and cleaned up if needed?
Stays flexible throughout its lifespan. It firms up some, but still remains elastic, and cleans up nicely from the metal if necessary.

Most of the penetrations on my house have this around it.

SD