Review: EZVIZ DB1C

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just got my doorbell installed and everything works. I also have it feeding into blue iris. Only think, is there a way to change the feed in blue iris to a non fisheye view? I can change it within the app, but it doesn't seem to effect the rate feeds.

Thanks

Reaction score
I installed the DB1C yesterday and everything seemed to be fine....Now I can see the doorbell through the EZVIZ app and everything appears to be working but the blue iris lost its feed. I changed nothing. It dropped that feed overnight while I was away. I am using a eero mesh router and i reserved the ip address and it has not changed....I can't get the main and substreams right I think....I see several different variation of them in just this thread....

What is working for yall? Did it change with firmware upgrades?

I am using the password that is on the user manual above the scan code thing......

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed the DB1C yesterday and everything seemed to be fine....Now I can see the doorbell through the EZVIZ app and everything appears to be working but the blue iris lost its feed. I changed nothing. It dropped that feed overnight while I was away. I am using a eero mesh router and i reserved the ip address and it has not changed....I can't get the main and substreams right I think....I see several different variation of them in just this thread....

What is working for yall? Did it change with firmware upgrades?

I am using the password that is on the user manual above the scan code thing......
So it worked with BI for a while and then BI lost it? Sounds like a wifi issue. You are sure its still powered up and still on the same IP address?

Wifi cameras outside a home are going to be extremely susceptible to poor wifi coverage since now the signals have to go through exterior walls (assuming your AP is mounted inside of course).

Reaction score
So it worked with BI for a while and then BI lost it? Sounds like a wifi issue. You are sure its still powered up and still on the same IP address?

Wifi cameras outside a home are going to be extremely susceptible to poor wifi coverage since now the signals have to go through exterior walls (assuming your AP is mounted inside of course).

Reaction score
Yes the AP is mounted inside immediately behind this doorbell and it is connected fine because the doorbell is still working properly through the easy viz app and it still has the same IP address it did yesterday

Reaction score
1614619344381.png

here are my settings, except I put X's where my password is...... I've deleted the camera form EXVIZ and reinstalled it twice, turned off image encryption in the app..... My frimware says build 201106 and no new version available.

Any Ideas?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
When I get home I'll check what stream address I'm using to connect with mine from BI.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi these are myn, i have a mesh too, TPlink one, got the Ezviz on the 5Ghz onto my Sky hub by itself and is fairly stable if not very stable, show low signal in Ezviz app but never seems to drop connection like it did on 2.4Ghz. The bottom one is the clone for the 24hr record.

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
OK< guys. Thanks..... I had to do a hard reset on the doorbell to get it squared away.... But after that, all is good. up for about 18 hrs straight now, appears as it should.

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, thank you for accepting me in your community. :)
I just installed my DB1C doorbell and am very satisfied. It has successfully connected to Wifi, the chime is working and the "Human" detection is really good.
However, when it is windy, the sound is unpleasant. What could I add to improve the sound, a scotch tape?
Also, on Google Hub, the image is on the side. The sky is on the left of the screen and not on the top. A tip to resolve this?
Thank you for taking the time to read me! :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@DianeR - tape would probably make it worse. Try something soft like a piece of cloth or small sponge, which is similar to what sporting events or the news has on their mics to knock out the wind.

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
@wittaj - Thank you! Like a microphone cover for a camera?
Is there a solution for the image showing sideways on my Google Hub?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, a microphone cover for the camera - surprised someone doesn't make that! On one of my cameras I took a piece of toe foam you can buy for like a blister or something and just cut a piece off and it works perfectly. Much better than the electronic noise suppression did!

I do not have Google Hub, so hopefully someone chimes in what a solution, but I would think there would be a rotate feature somewhere.

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, a microphone cover for the camera - surprised someone doesn't make that! On one of my cameras I took a piece of toe foam you can buy for like a blister or something and just cut a piece off and it works perfectly. Much better than the electronic noise suppression did!

I do not have Google Hub, so hopefully someone chimes in what a solution, but I would think there would be a rotate feature somewhere.
Thank you so much! I will do that. No rotate feature on Google Home and Google Hub.

DianeR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody, thank you again for accepting me in your community. :)
I am satisfied with my DB1C doorbell. It has successfully connected to Wifi, the chime is working and the "Human" detection is really good.
However, the image showing sideways on my Google Hub . The sky is on the left of the screen and not on the top. No rotate feature on Google Home and Google Hub.
A tip to resolve this?
Thank you for taking the time to read me! :)

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just when you get familiar with the APP they go and upgrade..... EZVIZ APP now at 5.0.1

EZVIZ app 5.jpg

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been running 5.0.0. for a while via Testflight, beta testing, went back to original after trouble with the app not receiving incoming call, hopefully they have resolved this in 5.0.1.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Been running 5.0.0. for a while via Testflight, beta testing, went back to original after trouble with the app not receiving incoming call, hopefully they have resolved this in 5.0.1.
Do you mean from a doorbell press? Installed one yesterday at my daughters house and had no problem with conversing after doorbell press, a bit of a delay but worked. This is how I noticed the new software, the same but different. :)

EZVIZ support says the outdoor bell sound should work the same as on the DB1, I sent them screen shots where the option is in the app for the DB1 but not for the DB1C and they say they can't duplicate the problem. Still not in the latest 5.0.1.