Review: EZVIZ DB1C

guib59

n3wb
Reaction score
If it can help others, I found a way to do this with Home Assistant :)

There is an option in EZVIZ integration that can be triggered to disable outdoor ringing sound.

Just tested it right now and it works.

Last edited:

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had this camera for several years now. It was a good camera. I think it finally gave up the ghost after facing brutal sun for years and people pressing the wrong "button" to ring the bell. Currently looking for the next thing to replace it. Looking at the Amcrest AD410.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've had this camera for several years now. It was a good camera. I think it finally gave up the ghost after facing brutal sun for years and people pressing the wrong "button" to ring the bell. Currently looking for the next thing to replace it. Looking at the Amcrest AD410.
I would highly recommend/look at the ReoLink:

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would highly recommend/look at the ReoLink:

I was looking at the Reolink wireless version too. I wish I could go with a POE version, but running Ethernet would be a huge project to do right.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at the Reolink wireless version too. I wish I could go with a POE version, but running Ethernet would be a huge project to do right.
So I have been running the Wireless version since the beginning of this year. I have had No dropouts, very pleased with it. I just recently moved and will be bringing it to our new house, it is still running at our old house. I am not sure about running an ethernet cable at our new house either, never got to try at our old house. POE would be better but you do not have to connect to their could to install/run these, which I like. So far everyone who has one has nothing bad to say about them.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have been running the Wireless version since the beginning of this year. I have had No dropouts, very pleased with it. I just recently moved and will be bringing it to our new house, it is still running at our old house. I am not sure about running an ethernet cable at our new house either, never got to try at our old house. POE would be better but you do not have to connect to their could to install/run these, which I like. So far everyone who has one has nothing bad to say about them.
So you like the Reolink Wireless over the Amcrest wireless?

red_indian

n3wb
Reaction score
just noticed Ihad the issue too, Qnap QVRPro wasn't recording since 28th June which is when I guess the doorbell upgraded to 230403.
Couldn't open stream via VLC either.
Downloaded Ezviz Studio, messed around a bit to find out how to enable 'advanced' mode. Code see that RTSP port was still 554, went to check the settings on my QNAP once more and saw thatteh QNAP had once again started recording approx 10 minutes ago.
not sure what I did that actually fixed it, I didn't change anything ????
Same here, apparently that is the recommended way to do it according to support. I had to disable/enable UPnP and then I was able to connect to RTSP 554 again! :)

Shameless copy from EZVIZ Cameras RTSP Stream Not Working below:

Was in contact with EZVIZ support and they gave me the following instruction:
  1. Download and install EZVIZ PC Studio (available for Windows PC only), here is the website link: Download Center - EZVIZ Support 104 ;
  2. Make sure your camera and PC are under the same LAN;
  3. Configure the advanced settings as follows:
    3.1 Go to the root directory of Ezviz Studio in your PC and find the folder named “config”
    3.2 Copy the file named “AppConfig.ini” in the folder of “config” to desktop. Open “AppConfig.ini” in desktop
    3.3 Add the following command which highlighted in yellow in “AppConfig.ini” and save before exiting:
    [LocalOperation]
    Show=1
    3.4 Copy the “AppConfig.ini” file in desktop to folder of “config” and overlay the old one. Refresh the device page in Ezviz Studio or reopen the Studio, then you will see the “Advanced”.
Advanced setting should be visible now next to your device, under “All devices”
  1. Then click Advanced—Network—NAT and confirm UPnP is enabled, then Apply.
Worked

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Just out of curiosity, where did you get these?
I have been collecting the firmwares for our thread for the DB1 (Doorbell 101), there we found the EZVIZ (Hikvision) site(s).
There were two, US and EU site. When the DB1C came out we found it's sites too:

http://eudownload.ezvizlife.com/device/CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR/2.0/CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR.dav

The above EZVIZ links only has the latest firmwares. Filename never changes. When we are aware of a new firmware, normally posted from someone here, I download the firmware and label it the build number posted.
Since I don't own a DB1C, and my mistake, I have only downloaded the US versions for the DB1C. With the DB1 there was usually not much of a difference in the firmwares, sometimes the same.

HTH

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know if I can just use the US firmware on a EU device?
This I cannot answer, but I will say on the DB1 there were those in Europe who did use US firmware and others that it would not work, well they lost features, so they just loaded another firmware. This was over 3 years, so there was many firmwares.

For the DB1C you may want to reach out to someone who has the EU version. The thing about firmware, unless you are looking for a new or changed feature or it is a security patch, I would not change your firmware. With EZVIZ they add feature and take away features.

I have not read any bricked units here so I would assume you could try and if you needed to fall back to another firmware you should be good. But I cannot stand behind that statement 100%...

red_indian

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again! I was just wondering. I would like to go back one version. Although I've found a way to re-activate RTSP so I'm good for now. :)

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, my DB1C has been working OK, except for the annoying "feature" where it does not automatically reconnect after a power flicker. It seems it boots faster than my routers, looks for the wifi, then gives up before the wifi is back up. The doorbell is hard connected to a transformer at the panel (like most people). Is there a product that would turn the power off and wait a couple of minutes to restore power to the DB1C when there is a power flicker? It will reconnect when power cycled after the wifi is back up, so this should fix the issue. If it was powered through a wall wart I would just used a z-wave switch and code it through hubitat. It's a bit bit more difficult with the current power setup.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had the DB1C for about 4 months. Got it on sale for 39.00. My biggest problem seems to be my doorbell power dissapears, especially in the heat of the day. I don't know for sure the transformer is in the attic but i think it is. Now this house has had a front and back doorbell for over 25 years with mechanical chime that to my knowledge has never failed to ring when pressed. With that said when i started to notice mt DB1C offline I could put a meter on the back doorbll wires (which are easy to test in the basement "back door" connection. I have zero volts. It's usually 16vac before installing the DB1C.
Too hot to go in the attic right now so I just have intermittint doorbell power. I did install thr power kit - whatever it is - maby a coil or cap? - I don't know, but either the DB1C draws enough power to cause an issue with the supply or maybe the "power kit" that is added in the mechanical chime doesnt do all it should?

Was looking thru some threads on this board and there is one about the "power kit"

I guess I'm saying at least 1 cause for my DB1C going "offline" is due to insufficient power. May also be other issues, but for now it works or it doesn't. When I've been at home and it is offline i can put a meter on my backdoor doorbell leads and see I have no voltage present.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In our DB1 thread, one fix was to wire in a smart plug at the transformer.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had the DB1C for about 4 months. Got it on sale for 39.00. My biggest problem seems to be my doorbell power dissapears, especially in the heat of the day. I don't know for sure the transformer is in the attic but i think it is. Now this house has had a front and back doorbell for over 25 years with mechanical chime that to my knowledge has never failed to ring when pressed. With that said when i started to notice mt DB1C offline I could put a meter on the back doorbll wires (which are easy to test in the basement "back door" connection. I have zero volts. It's usually 16vac before installing the DB1C.
Too hot to go in the attic right now so I just have intermittint doorbell power. I did install thr power kit - whatever it is - maby a coil or cap? - I don't know, but either the DB1C draws enough power to cause an issue with the supply or maybe the "power kit" that is added in the mechanical chime doesnt do all it should?

Was looking thru some threads on this board and there is one about the "power kit"

I guess I'm saying at least 1 cause for my DB1C going "offline" is due to insufficient power. May also be other issues, but for now it works or it doesn't. When I've been at home and it is offline i can put a meter on my backdoor doorbell leads and see I have no voltage present.
What transformer do you have? It is always best to replace the builder's grade transformer with at least a 30 Watt for these Smart Video Doorbells. That seems to fix a lot of people's issues...

A general rule is to stay with the same voltage so if you have a 16v 10VA trans., replace it with a 16v 30VA trans. If you go with a 24v trans the mechanical chime with be louder and possibly wear out quicker.

Check out our Install Tips:

Last edited:

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put the router on a UPS, so it doesn't lose power.
I actually tried that, but the product I tried (Bluetti EB3A) actually did not work in UPS mode with low loads. I am also trying to limit power consumption and losses. I was looking for an AC relay with variable timer/delay or something like that, very low passive loads.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I actually tried that, but the product I tried (Bluetti EB3A) actually did not work in UPS mode with low loads. I am also trying to limit power consumption and losses. I was looking for an AC relay with variable timer/delay or something like that, very low passive loads.
Pretty sure he is referring to a UPS not a portable battery backup...

It is wise to put any Electronics you value on an UPS. Keeping a Router/Modem on an UPS will keep the Internet up during a power outage as long as the ISP is still live...in your case when power is restored your DB1C will have your Router (Access Point) readily available to connect back to...

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.