Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
was about to buy but saw there is also a IPC-B58IR-Z4E-S3 which is 8MP instead of 4MP. just wondering for LPR does it give a noticeable advantage? The 8MP one is $50 more.

Reaction score
was about to buy but saw there is also a IPC-B58IR-Z4E-S3 which is 8MP instead of 4MP. just wondering for LPR does it give a noticeable advantage? The 8MP one is $50 more.
See this tread:

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my IPC-B54IR-Z4E-S3 arrived yesterday and today I connected to my NVR but it did not work ( Camera is not powered on and the channel light on the NVR is off). My NVR is Lorex LNR616. Is the camera defect or the camera won't work with this NVR? If it is the latter, I am thinking of using a POE injector, what type of POE injector should I use? Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How many other cameras do you have and what is power capacity of the NVR and how much are you using? Maybe you are at capacity.

Lorex made a few proprietary systems and that could be it as well.

Do you have a 12v power plug that you could try as a stand alone and see if the camera works?

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks wittaj for your reply. it is a 16 channel NVR and I am only using 4 so i do not think it is a capacity issue. I do not have a 12V power plug but I can get a POE injector to test as long as someone can tell me what type of POE injector works with this camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any POE injector will work as long as it is 802.3af compliant. Much of the unify stuff is proprietary.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks wittaj for your reply. it is a 16 channel NVR and I am only using 4 so i do not think it is a capacity issue. I do not have a 12V power plug but I can get a POE injector to test as long as someone can tell me what type of POE injector works with this camera.
Are you using a known good factory ethernet cable? Or is it a cable you made?
If you made it, did you terminate it using the 568B wiring standard?

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, I found an old Axis POE injector and Capture.JPGI was able to find the camera in the NVR. However the NVR can not pull any video or device setting from the camera. Do I have to set a different port or a username and password to get it work? Port 37777 was filled in automatically when the camera was discovered by the NVR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do a factory reset of the camera and see if the NVR finds it. It should then assign it a port and take on the username and password of the NVR.

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks. can you share the instructions or a link how to do a factory reset on this camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks. can you share the instructions or a link how to do a factory reset on this camera?
Take off the cover where the SD card goes and while it has power press and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds or until you hear the IR click and then release.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
ok, I found an old Axis POE injector and View attachment 195175I was able to find the camera in the NVR. However the NVR can not pull any video or device setting from the camera. Do I have to set a different port or a username and password to get it work? Port 37777 was filled in automatically when the camera was discovered by the NVR.

In that picture, the user and password aren't filled in. This would be the camera user/pass that allows the NVR to know how to communicate with it.

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks all the help. Eventually got it show up in the NVR. However, I can not zoom in to my preferred position. it is motorized varifocal so should be able to adjust it remotely. Can anyone guide how to do it within Lorex NVR?

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I clicked the zoom in button in the picture but did not seem to do anything.

1716678542913.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To me that field of view looks like the camera is already zoomed in to the max. Have you tried zooming out?

But you should really be making the changes in the camera GUI.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

1715729692343.png