Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a clip with tracking size set to 45 and it looses him at the end but the light is falling fast now so focus is more of a struggle.
It's a case of just fine tuning to what you want zoom close or follow for longer but not both I'm afraid.

View attachment PTZ.20210112_160000_1.mp4

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I find to stick within the 25-45 tracking size even though its only 20 between the 2 you can see what difference it makes.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look at my earlier posts and No Auto Tracking will be "Good " at night in low light no matter what camera you have.

Stormy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello !
PLS can you post the set up of the cam ? My AT doesnt track so fine as yours !!!

3lij4h

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering, is it possible to trigger the PTZ by a tripwire order from older cameras to a certain preset after which it will auto follow in case it detects a human?

(Via dahua nvr?)

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering, is it possible to trigger the PTZ by a tripwire order from older cameras to a certain preset after which it will auto follow in case it detects a human?

(Via dahua nvr?)
Yes it is! You can do it in Blue Iris as well.

Reaction score
Had to run 3 Cat6 cables to the outside corner: 1 for camera, 1 for spare, 1 for future Bosch PIR. Glad I still have some holes in my 1st floor home ceiling for this. It is sitting couple inches underneath a existing 5442 that it will be replacing. Have not tinkered with settings much but did want to test out the zooming capabilities. Impressive :) Currently attached about 11'-12' above ground. Will sit there for a bit while I do testing. Could always move up to the 20' range later. Can not get Blue Iris to find the Substream2 (D1). Shows up in the camera GUI all fine & dandy.
ptzTEST2.pngptzTEST.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is my substream settings in BI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

BI has been sometimes pulling different substreams, so check carefully that the substream being pulled in BI is indeed enabled on the cam!

You may have enough light there to run color at night. One thing I have noticed is that because the PTZ is always moving that you can get away with a slower shutter than a fixed - YMMV - in fact, I have got plates in color at night with a vehicle moving 25mph with a 1/50s shutter - obviously I would never recommend using that slow a shutter to catch plates and a lot of things need to line up, but I was like wow when I saw that.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
the keys to remember with the cams but definitely PTZ’s are install location (including lighting), dialed in FOV and then at that point you can get down to tweaks to configuration including tracking size to ensure optimal and continued tracking as I mention and show in my PTZ videos. With all that in place you will get amazing results and most importantly consistent results that you can rely on which is ultimately what you want. As always if anyone wants me to jump on, take a look and tweak accordingly. Happy New Year all !

Reaction score
Here is my substream settings in BI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

BI has been sometimes pulling different substreams, so check carefully that the substream being pulled in BI is indeed enabled on the cam!

You may have enough light there to run color at night. One thing I have noticed is that because the PTZ is always moving that you can get away with a slower shutter than a fixed - YMMV - in fact, I have got plates in color at night with a vehicle moving 25mph with a 1/50s shutter - obviously I would never recommend using that slow a shutter to catch plates and a lot of things need to line up, but I was like wow when I saw that.
what version of BI are you running? I updated to latest greatest this week. ALL of my substreams show "default" even after I manually select subtype=1 and save.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am still on 5.3.6 something. Did you do go into camera settings and do a find/inspect - that seemed to fix a lot of folks problems after they had issues with substreams.

If it still has problems, snap a screenshot of the camera settings from BI and I am sure someone can spot what the issue is.