Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

Reaction score
So I spent al afternoon looking through all 34 pages. Very interesting.

For those of you with this cam, are you running it in color at night? If so, could you post a short video of it with movement?

My use case would be close to where I have street lighting.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I run mine in full color 24hrs, but i have my porch light on at night, and a fairly bright street light across the way.

both eyeballs are in corridor mode, and the other one is oriented at 90 from this one to get more of the door and mailbox on the far wall...
fr_door2.20200707_203005856.jpg

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried shutting off the camera name overlays on these camera-- and applying and saving that change doesn't seem to work. Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe I just need to update the firmware. It is working otherwise so i don't want to mess with it if I don't have to.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
works for me. (edit: used IE)
boobie_cam_overlay.PNG

Last edited:

BOYD

n3wb
Reaction score
Video Tab > Network IP > Configure > Video Path

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Can U send me a screen shot of your set up using this , I can not see the split screen of the 2 cams. I can see bot cams so I know the Cam are working. Do I need the sub stream turned on also. Thaxs Boyd

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what you're asking about, BOYD. The 'split screen' view (both cams in one feed) is only available in the cam's web GUI.
From BI or any other external interface, the 2 eyeballs appear as two separate cameras that happen to be served from the same IP address.
For the substream of either eyeball (if needed), use subtype=1 in the BI video/configure pane.
boobie-cam-split.PNGboobie-cam-bi.PNG

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the camera setup in BI look at the middle of the screen - you have to select camera 1 for one of the cams. Now clone that camera, and go into the setting and change camera 1 to camera 2.

It will be two separate cameras in BI on the same IP address.

BOYD

n3wb
Reaction score
In the camera setup in BI look at the middle of the screen - you have to select camera 1 for one of the cams. Now clone that camera, and go into the setting and change camera 1 to camera 2.

I

is that clone master

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No do not do clone master because you are changing the camera number. Clone master will give you the same camera twice.

BOYD

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry this is pretty new to me so have to be patient lol. so how to i clone the cam . Is it under general and clone master is this right

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
go into the setting and change camera 1 to camera 2
Not in my setup. The second cam is accessed as CHANNEL #2 in the parameters, not camera 2, but perhaps that does the same thing?

boobie-cam-2.PNG

edit: I think selecting camera #2 would work if your parameter string has "channel={CAMNO}" macro in it...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just add a new camera, then in "type" select copy from another camera, select the camera you already have in BI, then go to the configure screen and in Video change camera 1 to camera 2, and then you have both cameras each showing up in BI
1595788586864.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not in my setup. The second cam is accessed as CHANNEL #2 in the parameters, not camera 2, but perhaps that does the same thing?

View attachment 67214

edit: I think selecting camera #2 would work if your parameter string has "channel={CAMNO}" macro in it...
Oh I guess that would work as well, but copying the camera and changing to camera #2 is probably the cleanest way to assure nothing goofy happens in some future update? You are probably showing Channel 2 but camera 1? This could get goofy with substreams.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
wittaj, do you have one of these cams? your config doesn't work on my camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wittaj, do you have one of these cams? your config doesn't work on my camera.
Yes, I have two of them. I added camera. Set it up. Then did a copy of it and changed camera 1 to camera 2