Review-Dahua/EmpireTech Dual lens IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 (The Boobie Cam Upgrade)

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got my camera mounted yesterday, but noticed it has what I believe are CPU issues if running both streams using H.264, CBR, 8196 Mbps. I noticed the recordings where extremely jerky and missing frames, and when I looked at live view on the camera directly noticed the same thing. In fact, I would occasionally get a "limited resources available video not loaded" message as well. I changed the video encoding on both streams to H.265 CBR 4096 Mbps and things seem ok so far. Just wondering if anyone else has run into the same, or have recommendations on what video encoding/bitrates to use for this camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What FPS were you running at? If running above 15FPS, try that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah 30FPS on the dual cam will peg the processor in that lil camera. I run 15FPS and it is fine.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm running H.265 w/5fps, showing 4608 as the max "reference bit rate", so that's what I have both streams set at on 3 of these cameras and all run smooth. That's only half of your 8196, and it's H.265 which seemed to be ok for you, but thought I'd give it as another point of reference. For me, the 5fps is fine for what I need.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all. I turned the FPS down to 15 and 24, am using H265 and 4096 bit rate and it seems to run smoothly now.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know what the stream URL for each stream is?

Adding it to Synology but when adding it as Onvif, only a single IP is able to be used... so not sure how to add the second camera.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know what the stream URL for each stream is?

Adding it to Synology but when adding it as Onvif, only a single IP is able to be used... so not sure how to add the second camera.
You need to add another camera with the second feed stream, it uses two licenses - I think its discussed already in this thread, or the original "boogie cam" thread if its not in this one.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to add another camera with the second feed stream, it uses two licenses - I think its discussed already in this thread, or the original "boogie cam" thread if its not in this one.
Yes, that is not a problem. I know that from reading it before. I just needed the URLs for each stream which I have already found last night.

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this camera have a 2.8mm and a 3.6mm lens, or is it possible to choose 2 x 2.8mm or a 2 x 3.6mm?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this camera have a 2.8mm and a 3.6mm lens, or is it possible to choose 2 x 2.8mm or a 2 x 3.6mm?
The camera comes in either 2.8 or 3.6mm

Many folks here have that camera and purchased a different lens and replaced themselves.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera comes in either 2.8 or 3.6mm

Many folks here have that camera and purchased a different lens and replaced themselves.
Has anyone tried a 4mm, 6mm, or 8mm lens? Is it possible?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 4mm, 6mm, or 8mm lens? Is it possible?
Yes, many here have done it, including me. Someone put a 25mm on it LOL.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, many here have done it, including me. Someone put a 25mm on it LOL.

Thank you for the info

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks all. I turned the FPS down to 15 and 24, am using H265 and 4096 bit rate and it seems to run smoothly now.
As you'll see from your 2nd stream, you don't need 24fps. 15fps will give you easily smooth enough video for recognition. Personally I'd peg both at 15fps and free some extra headroom for if the processor comes across a compression heavy scene.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I scanned this thread but I haven't seen maximum angle adjustment for the lenses.

Planning to install it and would like to point each lens almost 90 degrees to each side. Need to cover the front door and walkway to the door for face detection purposes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I scanned this thread but I haven't seen maximum angle adjustment for the lenses.

Planning to install it and would like to point each lens almost 90 degrees to each side. Need to cover the front door and walkway to the door for face detection purposes.
Yep it can be done...well close to 90....BUT...if you use infrared you will get bounceback as the IR is now past the dome part and bouncing all over the inside of the camera and into the lens. If you stay in color then not a problem.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep it can be done...well close to 90....BUT...if you use infrared you will get bounceback as the IR is now past the dome part and bouncing all over the inside of the camera and into the lens. If you stay in color then not a problem.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll need close to 90. My front entrance is well-lit so I'm not worried about going to IR.

I was looking at the 4K-Colour-T180 but it doesn't seem to do face detection. Shame since it would be perfect for this location. ePTZ is an amazing capability I hope we see more of on future models!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll need close to 90. My front entrance is well-lit so I'm not worried about going to IR.

I was looking at the 4K-Colour-T180 but it doesn't seem to do face detection. Shame since it would be perfect for this location. ePTZ is an amazing capability I hope we see more of on future models!
Here is it with the dome off. You rotate the two sections, so if you wanted them each out 90, you see this is set up with the notch towards the outside and you simply push the lens outward down that opening. It gets it pretty close to 90, but like I said, if you went complete 90 then part of the lens might be obstructed by the dome, but you can get it really close.

I use mine as an overview and I can just about see the wall on either side out towards the end.

1674839313603.png