Review-Dahua/EmpireTech Dual lens IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 (The Boobie Cam Upgrade)

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@looney2ns can I ask how this one mounts, looks like the 3 screws go through body before you attach the cover is that correct?
77815376-717E-475D-BD18-14F10B9A5757.jpeg

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks.

I still want one of these at the front of the house, but routing the cable is proving a challenge, and the porch has a stone lintel I don't really want to drill so I am working out if I can bolt the camera to an L bracket and mount from behind instead.

I talked myself out of it as it needs 2 channels and right now I am on synology, but as BI is $50 today... if I went BI I would not have to worry about channels...

ls50

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to add this camera to my Synology Surveilance station, but I'm not sure does it require one or two camera licenses?

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe you will need two licenses as it appears as two cameras (enter twice with stream 1 and then stream 2 for the two cams). It does support a sub-stream with both views I think it said in the review? But that did not work with BI, unknown if it works with synology - is it on their list I did not check yet as I am still at the "how do I mount it" phase...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe you will need two licenses as it appears as two cameras (enter twice with stream 1 and then stream 2 for the two cams). It does support a sub-stream with both views I think it said in the review? But that did not work with BI, unknown if it works with synology - is it on their list I did not check yet as I am still at the "how do I mount it" phase...
Substreams for this cam do work with BI.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It also contains a neat feature, where as you can set the 2nd substream on channel one to show both cameras, in one single stream, albeit it is limited to 1080p, and not 4mp. That feature doesn't play nice in Blue Iris, as both cameras appear very stretched side to side in BI. Maybe I missed, it but tried everything I could in BI to solve that, but no luck. The author of Blue Iris may be able to add such a feature if asked. I assume this feature would work ok with a Dahua NVR.
I was referring to this @looney2ns - did you manage to get the substream with both views to work in BI?

Me and my $50 are about to invest in a license, I have it running demo in a VM which seems to work well at least with my current 4 cams, but the forum virus has me, and more are on the way from Andy...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
can this Boobie cam be mounted vertically instead of horizontally and the turrets physically turned to aim the cameras? Was thinking of mounting in my entryway corner wall but vertically with one cam to see people and the other pointed down for packages

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
geez you guys, I don't think I need this camera but this thread is really getting me close to pulling the trigger..... but I should wait for the half dozen cams that I need to deal with first that I've rec'd lately (or in transit still) from Andy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can this Boobie cam be mounted vertically instead of horizontally and the turrets physically turned to aim the cameras? Was thinking of mounting in my entryway corner wall but vertically with one cam to see people and the other pointed down for packages
Yes you can mount the camera horizontal or vertical. Each camera moves independent of one another.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes you can mount the camera horizontal or vertical. Each camera moves independent of one another.
thanks... do you know if there is also a mount that you can use to install it on the inside corner of wall? Basically like a wedge that fills the corner gap? worse comes to worse I suppose I can make something

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This model right now lack of stocks, chips supply bit slow, the 2.8mm will be ready next week, but the 3.6mm have to wait to the Midle Dec.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For those that have the older and and newer version, which one is better at night?

I didn't see a video comparing the older and newer versions.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought the PFA200W hood to attach with a PFA137 junction box as mentioned in post #52 and shown in post #53, recognizing the image in post #53 shows a different camera. Unfortunately, the bracket for the PFA200W does not align with the screw holes that must be used between this camera and the PFA137, at least not when the PFA137 is mounted in its normal orientation. I've taken and labeled a few pictures to show the problem.

In the first image below, you can see the PFA200W hood on the left, PFA137 in the middle, and IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 on the right. I've labeled the 3 mounting points in the PFA137 and camera that must align. Since it will be relevant for subsequent comments, note that the PFA137 is oriented properly in this picture and you can read the "top" and "bottom" text within it, with conduit openings on the bottom and right, as shown in the image that Andy included in post #53 of this thread.

In my second image below, you can see (unfortunately) that the mounting bracket for the PFA200W covers the necessary mounting points on the PFA137. Ironically, if you rotate the mounting bracket 180 degrees, it is possible to get the mounting points to be accessible, but then the hood itself would be upside down which clearly defeats the purpose.

The only alternative here seems to be to mount the camera and PFA137 upside down. The camera lenses will each rotate 180 degrees so the image will be upright even without needing to flip the images in software, but then conduit openings on the PFA137 will then be on the top and left side. I'm mounting this on the top of a fence with conduit coming up from below, so that's a problem for me.

@EMPIRETECANDY , other than mounting the PFA137 upside down, is there any other alternative? Is there another junction box which is like an "upside-down PFA137"? What junction box is shown in the image you included in post #53 since I now do not believe that could be a PFA137.

dahua-pfa137-screw-holes.png

dahua-hood-mounts.png

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found another flaw that I believe is fatal with respect to using the PFA200W hood with the PFA137 junction box with this camera. The wire for this camera comes out the back of the camera near the edge. When the camera is mounted directly to the PFA137, the wire is just inside the outer shell of the junction box. However, as you can see with the 2nd image above, with the PFA200W mounting bracket on top of the junction box, the mounting bracket completely covers the edges of the junction box, thereby blocking the cable from getting inside the junction box.

@EMPIRETECANDY In your picture in post #58, I see the cable coming out the bottom, but it seems that the camera count not possibly mount flush with the mounting bracket because of cable. Your image shows the top of the camera is raised up off the mount a bit, and I suspect that's because the cable was pinched between camera & mounting bracket. Would you please confirm that your mounting bracket looks like the one you shipped me (in the image I provided above). I don't think the camera wire can work with the PFA200W mounting plate, unless the wire is pulled out the side.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score