Restricted user and profiles

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to create a restricted profile for a user so that she can only see certain cameras at certain times.

Profile 1 : All cameras are enabled. BI is by defeault using this profile.
Profile 2 : Only 1 camera is enabled.

I have user Bob who has scheduled access to Profile 2 from 9-5. During my tests he can only login between 9-5 but he can still see all cameras.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to create a restricted profile for a user so that she can only see certain cameras at certain times.

Profile 1 : All cameras are enabled. BI is by defeault using this profile.
Profile 2 : Only 1 camera is enabled.

I have user Bob who has scheduled access to Profile 2 from 9-5. During my tests he can only login between 9-5 but he can still see all cameras.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
You dont need to setup a second profile. The proper way to do this is to place the cameras that you want to allow Bob to access into a group. Then in the user tab, set "limit to camera groups"...finally, set scheduled access - set it to "profile" inactive during the times you dont want him to have access..for 9-5 it doesnt matter which profile you select, as explained in the help file
"You may enable Time restricted access which will limit the times during the day and/or week that a user account may be used. The only distinction at this time is between active and inactive. While active, the profile number is irrelevant."