Replacement Camera Setup

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If not, using the pencil icon, in the popup edit the password to the same exact password as the NVR .

I’ve seen older NVRs take quite a while to register a new camera.

If that doesn’t work you need to open the camera and do a hard reset with the physical button held for 45 secondS. Then wait 30 min again.

Go to the live view and see if your cameras are showing.

If that doesn’t work I don’t know what to tell you.
status (2).jpg

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If not, using the pencil icon, in the popup edit the password to the same exact password as the NVR .

I’ve seen older NVRs take quite a while to register a new camera.

If that doesn’t work you need to open the camera and do a hard reset with the physical button held for 45 secondS. Then wait 30 min again.

Go to the live view and see if your cameras are showing.

If that doesn’t work I don’t know what to tell you.
Found a refresh button.Its on the Cameras Status Tab.Pushed it but, nothing so far.Will wait another 30 minutes and see.
status (2).jpg

Last edited:

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update;Picked up a refurbished DHI-NVR4216-16P-44KS2/L from Andy.Using the @bigredfish guide(PSA for those with a New NVR..),the nvr came online and recognized all
my cameras.
back.jpg
One question,how can I get more information on this alarm?I want to prevent it from showing up on my monitor.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I can’t recall off the top of my head but I think there’s a small icon in the live screen for each cam that toggles that off/on

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can’t recall off the top of my head but I think there’s a small icon in the live screen for each cam that toggles that off/on
OK,I don't see it there.The alarm doesn't show up on live view for web service or SmartPSS.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having trouble accessing one camera.I click on the IE webpage symbol and the login page starts to load,but never shows the User/Password boxes.
I tried to reboot nvr and reset the camera.
Is there anything else I need to try?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Close web UI, Clear cache on browser, login and try again. You could have something like a popup blocker running that is getting in the way…