recovering ivms admin password using encrypted string

thebison

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, firstly please forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject but i have recently taken over a contract which includes 40-50 hik vision nvrs and remote viewing on possibly 30-40 computers. The problem i am having is the previous provider will not release the admin password for the nvrs or the ivms software which is associated to the computers. i know its easy enough to default the nvrs but when i do that, the log in details then change on the ivms which i cannot ammend as the only ivms login i have is a user account with no permissions. iwas wondering is there any way to retrieve the previous admin password from either an nvr or from the ivms software. if its any help, when i try to log in to ivms on a certain computer it gives me a "forgot password" tab. When i click it, it gives me a 44 character encrypted string. Can anything be done using this string?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thebison

n3wb
Reaction score
I have already contacted hik vision but they told me they do not use this facility any more and to download a newer version of ivms which won't work for me as multiple computers are locked down and won't let me download

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the client(s) have agreed to you taking over the camera/NVR management contract, what reason does the previous provider give that justifies withholding the credentials?
If they outright refuse to help, there may be work-arounds but they often come with a lot of ‘ifs’.

thebison

n3wb
Reaction score
If the client(s) have agreed to you taking over the camera/NVR management contract, what reason does the previous provider give that justifies withholding the credentials?
If they outright refuse to help, there may be work-arounds but they often come with a lot of ‘ifs’.
They have no reason other than being awkward

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Provided you can connect locally to the client's LAN, you could try the following.
Install Hikvision's SADP tool onto your laptop.
Connect to the client' s LAN and run the tool.
If SADP discovers some of the devices we can try the next step.

In the example below, the info listed in the Software Version (firmware) and Device Type columns would be my focus for a work around.
If you go this route, don't post/share the info, just let me know if SADP discovers anything.
1581607103913.png