recording not working with NVR 7632NI-I2 & AcuSense CAM 2386G2

maxcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 7632NI-I2 NVR and connected the AcuSense cam 2386G2 to it.
As this is no AcuSense NVR, I understand that I have to configure all the motion detection on the camera itself as only there the human/vehicle classification is available.
But no matter what I configure on the cam, it seems like the NVR does not get triggered to record any event or motion detection from the cam.
I can see that the motion detection on the cam itself is working as I set to activate the cams strobelight when it detects something. Thats working, but no record is triggered at the NVR.

I can use continuous recording on the NVR, so at least it can record something, but that's not what I want.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that I have to configure all the motion detection on the camera itself as only there the human/vehicle classification is available.
True. But that's just creating the origin of the events, not what to do about them.

But no matter what I configure on the cam, it seems like the NVR does not get triggered to record any event or motion detection from the cam.
In the NVR web GUI, have you configured event recording under Storage | Schedule settings ?

maxcam

n3wb
Reaction score
In the NVR web GUI, have you configured event recording under Storage | Schedule settings ?
Thanks for your reply!

Think I know where the problem was.
I was thinking that the config in the cam for Events/Motion Detection is independent from the Events/Motion detection config in the NVR.
I assumed that either the cam or the NVR can do the analysis. Seems I was wrong.
I came from Synology Surveillance Center and there you can choose if the cam or the Synology should do the analysis.

Seems like for the Hikvision NVR, the Motion detection and Events settings are just reflecting the settings in the cam and does not provide a separate detection method.
I did not catch this at first, as the settings are not synced in "real time". So when you enable/disable motion detection on the cam, it does not directly reflect in the same NVR config. But after a reboot it is synced again.

So I assume that object classification in motion detection still works as desired, even when the config in NVR only have motion detection activated. So it can use the object classification but it cannot be viewed as an config option because the NVR does not "know" AcuSense.

In general the NVR does not do any analysis/motion detection at all, its always done by the cam.

Is that assumption correct?

Thanks

maxcam

n3wb
Reaction score
...and one other thing that came to my mind.

Can't I just have continuous recording and have motion detection on top.
According to some other posts this should work. But as soon as I change the storage record schedule to continuous, no motion detection is triggered on top of that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly possible to have motion detection events as well as continuous recording. But the question is, how to display them?
This depends on the model of NVR and the firmware version and whether it's the VGA/HDMI interface or the web GUI.
It's mostly not an available feature though.

But the Windows app iVMS4200 works quite well for that.
It can be used to query for motion events, or for smart events, against an NVR that's doing continuous recording.