Recommendation for WiFi interior mounted window cam not for security purposes

bstreiss

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a number of security camera currently and am using Synology Surveillance Station and am very happy with my setup. I'm looking to install a WiFi camera facing out a window to look at the garden with the ultimate goal of image capturing to bring into a website. I'm currently using a Reolink C2 Pro as a test camera, but unhappy because I get glare off the window and some reflected light in the evening (yes, I'm motioning the garden during the night as well, and there's enough light I can run in daylight mode and still get motion detection) I know it would be best if I could mount the camera outside, but that's not an option at the moment. I'm also aware that I'd be better off with a wired connection, but am not ready to commit to the cost or pulling wire as I'm not married to the location and surface mounted wire is not an option even on a temp basis.

I'd love something like the Logitech Circle 2 but is compatible with surveillance station. As an alternative, I could take a camera and mount it on the sill with the lens basically touching the glass, but I'm having a hard time finding a camera that I can get close enough to the window. I can provide measurements of the sash, etc, but don't have them handy off the top of my head.

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last I checked the Logitech Circle 2 (spiritual successor to the Alert cameras) was a closed system and would not allow access to a RTSP stream. You shouldn't run IR behind a window. If you have any light in the area you want to monitor you may consider a Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW. It can be configured wireless if you need. I have one mounted inside the window frame facing out, IR disabled, and at night with one streetlight gives me very acceptable results.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
well, your average bullet or turret cam has the lens behind a piece of glass, but there's a black foam ring around the lens up against the glass. perhaps try cutting down a piece of pipe insulation between the cam & glass. Or a piece of thick felt looped into a ring. even putting the cam in a cardbaord box up against the glass would help. The idea being to seal up all round the lens up to the glass, so no reflections come in from the side to mess up the image...