Recommendation for good PTZ?

inctor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new here, and would like to ask for a recommendation for a good PTZ camera.
I came across this one; Anpviz 5MP POE IP High Speed PTZ Security Camera, HD 2592x1944 Pan Tilt 20x Optical Zoom, Surveillance Outdoor Camera Waterproof IP66, 80M-100M Night Vision, Onvif Motion Detection: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Which is not available for shipping to Denmark, so i was wondering if there was another PTZ you could recommend of similar physical size, and capabilities?
Mainly the 20x optical zoom and 5mp resolution, and price seems to have been somewhere around 200€ or so.

Any good recommendations?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new here, and would like to ask for a recommendation for a good PTZ camera.
I came across this one; Anpviz 5MP POE IP High Speed PTZ Security Camera, HD 2592x1944 Pan Tilt 20x Optical Zoom, Surveillance Outdoor Camera Waterproof IP66, 80M-100M Night Vision, Onvif Motion Detection: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Which is not available for shipping to Denmark, so i was wondering if there was another PTZ you could recommend of similar physical size, and capabilities?
Mainly the 20x optical zoom and 5mp resolution, and price seems to have been somewhere around 200€ or so.

Any good recommendations?
Talk to Andy Empiretech @EMPIRETECANDY

inctor

n3wb
Reaction score
Get a SD49425XB-HNR, this one is the best to go
Thanks for the suggestion!

Slight issue is that it's nearly double the price of what i had budgetted for, this one seems to be at least 350€ to 450€.
Do you have any recommendations in the slightly lower price range? Doesn't have to be Dahua specifically :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep in mind you'll get what you pay for. The Dauhua will far outperform the one you posted at night, hands down. 5 megapixels on a 1/2.8 sensor will not perform well at night. Don't believe those nice still shots. Any camera can produce them. Look for video with motion to truly see how well they perform. Another common problem with the less expensive ones is that the firmware does not allow proper control of things like brightness, contrast, frame rate, bit rate, iframe rate. It will look like you're actually setting those settings, then the firmware will do what it wants resulting in all kinds of problems.