REBRANDED HIKVISION NVR AND CAMERAS PNP

SecurityCams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought 4 brand new old stock US English Version DS-2CD2032-I cameras firmware revision 5.4_160530. These cameras require you to enter an 8 character password before you can configure them VIA a browser. I think Hikvision used to use 1234 as default password and DHCP was on by default. I have

This allowed the cameras to work PNP with re-branded Hikvision NVRs such as the Security Camera Warehouse Networker PRO series. Which I have with 6 Security Camera Warehouse Re-branded versions of that camera and two OEM Hikvision of another type all PNP

The Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I firmware 5.4_160530 has DHCP disabled. This means you have to manually configure the NVR to see the camera.

I want to know if I can downgrade the firmware to a previous version that has the old 1234 password and DHCP turned on or is there a way to :

1. ) set a default password that stays in the camera
2.) Permanently change the camera so DHCP is on by default instead of off.

I am guessing that will require a firmware downgrade if possible.

Or does the previous firmware version 5.3 or newer 5.45 have what I need in it ? I have all three version downloaded from Hiks website.

Is there anyway to download the firmware off of a camera of

My system is behind firewalls so I am not at all concerned about security provided by the camera. If someone can answer and possibly tell me where I can get older firmware from a source I can trust I would appreciate it.
FYI, I found out from Security Camera Warehouse that HUNT CCTV huntcctv.com is the company that loaded Security Camera Warehouse custom firmware in Hikvision cameras.

Thank you for your time!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought 4 brand new old stock US English Version DS-2CD2032-I cameras firmware revision 5.4_160530. These cameras require you to enter an 8 character password before you can configure them VIA a browser. I think Hikvision used to use 1234 as default password and DHCP was on by default
That version of Hikvision firmware does not have any default passwords, when reset to defaults it goes to an 'Inactive' state that requires a strong user-created password to be used to 'Activate' it.

I want to know if I can downgrade the firmware to a previous version that has the old 1234 password and DHCP turned on or is there a way to :
1. ) set a default password that stays in the camera
2.) Permanently change the camera so DHCP is on by default instead of off.
I am guessing that will require a firmware downgrade if possible.
You shouldn't need to do that.

A couple of suggestions :
The DS-2CD2032-I should have a reset button at the back.
If so, when powered off, press the reset button, power on, keep pressed for 30 seconds.
SADP should then show the status as 'Inactive'.
You can then use SADP to 'Activate' the camera with your own choice of strong password.

Alternatively - as that 5.4 version of firmware still has the Hikvision backdoor, you can extract the configuration file without providing logon credentials, with this URL :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
That file can be decrypted and decoded to extract the plain-text password.
Zip up the configuration file and attach here and I can do that for you if you wish.

SecurityCams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was hoping you would see and respond Alastair,

-- I had answered your post but I have discovered I made some incorrect assumptions about how my nvr was using PNP with the NVR

I am attaching 3 config files here. The first is the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I the Second is the Rebranded from SCW after a hard reset. The third is the Rebranded SCW after it negotiated with my NVR

I would like to know the password(s) used in the SCW camera and if it is configured DHCP by default, Seems it has to be because it did get a new IP when it connected to the nvr
Based on info from HUNT I think the default password in the SCW rebranded camera is 12345

How do you decode these?

Thank you Alastair, I so much appreciate the time you put in here, you are so very unselfish!
David....

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
am attaching 3 config files here. The first is the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I the Second is the Rebranded from SCW after a hard reset. The third is the Rebranded SCW after it negotiated with my NVR
OK - here are the results.

For the HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I - 696421303 camera, the password for admin is
dep1234567

For the files from UPNP HNC303-MB - 577955730
These are short-form configuration files that do not hold the admin password.
**edit** I suspect this may be because the camera firmware is older than 5.3.0 which does not go to an 'Inactive' state after a reset to defaults, but has the default password of 12345
Have you checked what SADP shows for the firmware version?

Last edited:

SecurityCams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
---------For the HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I - 696421303 camera, the password for admin is
dep1234567 --

That is the password I put in when I activated it. - Your right the Security Camera Warehouse Re-branded cameras have older firmware and I was able to find a manual for the camera that says the default password is 12345 and it does not require activation. Firmware is 5.2 but its Hunts not hikvision The serial number is from Hunt - They install their own firmware on hikvision cameras See: HNC303-MB

I have to go out now but I have more questions on this later.. Thank you! Attached is a screenshot from sadp

David

Attachments

Last edited: