QUESTION: Who pays for shipping costs of Empiretech defective Product? you or customer?

mteky2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , if I buy a new or refurbished product from your website or directly from you and find out that it is defective within 30 days of receiving it. Who pays for return or replace or repair shipping costs?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Those refurbished cams sell bit cheap price, mainly to make more people can buy the great product with cheap price, actually installer customers can use them all, but normally we open to sell to all guys who want to.
Most items are nearly new or package box broken/dirty, very good condition.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I may ask one more question, (I tried to find this by searching but couldn't find it)

What is your policy in regards to buyer's remorse?

Example: I buy a camera, don't like it because it doesn't fit my field of view. I would like to return it.

Who pays for it, what's the policy, return period, refund amount etc

Reaction score
Out of the 6-7 “refurbished” ones I’ve picked up only one looked like it had been out of the box and mounted. The rest appeared brand new. That’s in addition to at least 8 new ones, I don’t want everybody to think I’m total tight ass, I do buy new too

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If I may ask one more question, (I tried to find this by searching but couldn't find it)

Example: I buy a camera, don't like it because it doesn't fit my field of view. I would like to return it.

You can’t use Andy as a test service surely, the cam will effectively be second hand and he won’t then be able to sell it as new!

What people here advise is to purchase a single zoom cam, you then use this cam in all your locations to set it up and work out your requirements. Then place an order with Andy for all the cams you need.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

That would be on you

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please don't get me wrong, Andy is great.
I just bought 2 more cams from him and he was very accommodating .

This was just a curious question.

So to recap, processing warranty claims on refurb cams, sending to Andy is on us, and sending it back to us is on Andy. Brand new Cams are on Andy.

All sales are FINAL!

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

That happened to me once when I bought a new Lorex dome camera for outside but wasn't happy with the end results so I put it in my crawlspace under the house as a sump pump cam and it works great for that purpose. I would not expect Lorex to pay return shipping just because the camera didn't fit my intended purpose since that isn't a product warranty issue. Sometimes I think we get spoiled by the easy Amazon no questions asked returns policy. :lmao:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Out of the 6-7 “refurbished” ones I’ve picked up only one looked like it had been out of the box and mounted. The rest appeared brand new. That’s in addition to at least 8 new ones, I don’t want everybody to think I’m total tight ass, I do buy new too
I'm a proud tight ass. Of my 3 newest cams, the 4K/X was a refurb from Andy and looked like it had never been mounted. Got it mounted and it caught a vehicular accident on its first full day up!

The other two cams were used 5449 dual lens that I bought off a member here. These had been mounted but are working great.

I love a deal when I can get one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think most of the "refurbished" cameras are essentially returns to Amazon - either buyers remorse or someone that should stay with the consumer based cameras and scan a QR code because they couldn't figure out how to get the camera to work and returned it.

Many of my cameras have come from the refurbished list - you get a great deal on a camera that in every instance I have, doesn't even look like the person opened the box, or if they did, they didn't even try to hang it up - they either saw the size and said "that is bigger than my Arlos" lol or they plugged it in inside and couldn't get it working so they returned it.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I think most of the "refurbished" cameras are essentially returns to Amazon - either buyers remorse or someone that should stay with the consumer based cameras and scan a QR code because they couldn't figure out how to get the camera to work and returned it.

Many of my cameras have come from the refurbished list - you get a great deal on a camera that in every instance I have, doesn't even look like the person opened the box, or if they did, they didn't even try to hang it up - they either saw the size and said "that is bigger than my Arlos" lol or they plugged it in inside and couldn't get it working so they returned it.
Yup. Saving 33% on a camera that sells for $240? I'll take that any day. I stalked the refurb list for quite some time before the 4K/X I wanted appeared. Worth hitting the refresh button a couple times a day.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hate returning items I bought unless is defective. It's no different than taking advantage of others and abuse the system if there was nothing wrong with the product and you just want to "test drive" it. But it's understandable if you make an honest mistake and bought the wrong item.

The last return item I bought was a video card 15 years ago. I needed a low form factor graphics card and bought a regular size one. I don't really have money to buy another card at the time and I feel really guilty after returning it.:oops:

I've never bought any refurbished cameras before, thought about buying one of the Refurbished SD4A425DB-HNY mini ptz a while back, but before I make up my mine someone else bought it already.:facepalm:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Andy is good to his customers. If only all his customers were good to Andy:

aha, the 5442 have very small return....Most of the cams we sell have low return rate, just some bad people steal the cams and return super Mario.....
Amazon returns are maybe a little too streamlined. Some people use it to commit fraud and they must be getting away with it because it happens a lot.

Literally yesterday I received what was supposed to be a Samsung 990 Pro 4TB SSD...

1706837414260.png

Look what was actually in the box:

optane_in_990Pro_box_2.jpg

optane_in_990Pro_box.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And sadly it will be the honest folks that pay the price as the tighten the return requirements.

I saw an article just the other day showing how widespread this is and how some retailers are getting more strict on their return policies. I know people that have been banned from returns at Best Buy because they bought and returned too much.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Andy is good to his customers. If only all his customers were good to Andy:

Amazon returns are maybe a little too streamlined. Some people use it to commit fraud and they must be getting away with it because it happens a lot.

Literally yesterday I received what was supposed to be a Samsung 990 Pro 4TB SSD...

View attachment 184934

Look what was actually in the box:

View attachment 184936

View attachment 184935
I noticed the drive was sold by amazon services llc not amazon.com.... did as quick google search and im still unclear...posts claim its an amazon subsidiary selling for third party sellers...perhaps someone here knows...

Reaction score
Yup. Saving 33% on a camera that sells for $240? I'll take that any day. I stalked the refurb list for quite some time before the 4K/X I wanted appeared. Worth hitting the refresh button a couple times a day.
Glad I’m not the only one. I just posted about the refurbs and didn’t want anybody thinking, damn why don’t you buy a new one from him occasionally. So I added the last sentence