Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

Reaction score
Yes, the router shows all the cameras that were set up before the Qsees network went offline.

In fact, I just tried to get into the QSee App and it asks me to log in and no longer will let me, message shows "Network Error, please check the Internet".

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the router shows all the cameras that were set up before the Qsees network went offline.

In fact, I just tried to get into the QSee App and it asks me to log in and no longer will let me, message shows "Network Error, please check the Internet".
Hi @DoctorMicro

Record all of that information down...

iSPY lists strings to try, look for the model QCW2MPSL and use the IP address you believe the camera is at and test it out... - iSPY will help generate the string you need it seems. ( very nice )

It will probably take you some time to figure out which works.. often you can use VLC running on a PC to test it out.

Please let us know what works.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Working with iSpy but still no way to add new cameras onto the network.
HI @DoctorMicro

I don't know how the Q-see app is designed, and there are a number of ways to do the logic imho - so at best I can guess what to expect. ( also I do not have the Q-see camera nor the time to do this .. )

What I would try:

1) Run a WiFi scanner.
2) Turn on WiFi camera - see what the WiFi scanner sees pops up.
3) Use a QR scanner - scan QR code on Q-see camera and see if any info is in plain text ( user / password .. perhaps port info )
4) Use info from #2 and #3 in an attempt to access the camera.
5) Perhaps there is a webserver running on the camera? ( you may need to scan for network services running on the Q-see camera )
6) Perhaps another Dahua OEM software will be helpful here...

I suspect this will take some time to figure out, hopefully someone can ( perhaps you have the time to figure this out? ) - and can fully document what it takes to get these to work.

note: iirc Q-see ran on a different port than normal their webserver on their normal IP cameras.. iirc port 85

side note, Dahua makes a version under the IMOU brand, perhaps searching under the IMOU branded camera you can find more info that can help??

example of a youtube video I found
IMOU LOOC Active Deterrence Surveillance Camera with Siren and LED Spotlight 1080P FHD Wi-Fi IP

DesiKing

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a moderately simple solution. Not sure if this was mentioned yet...

I used a DNS service (DynDNS) to create a URL that points to my routers IP address. Next, I reserved the local IP address that my router assigned to the NVR and assigned incoming traffic to redirect to my NVRs local IP address.

URL->Router IP address->Router looks at the port and forwards traffic to NVR

Finally, opened the Qsee app, used the IP/Domain registration method, provide my new url/login credentials and everything is back to normal.

There’s a bit more detail regarding ports and routing that I can expand on if you’re interested.

Lastly, I used DynDNS which is$55/year - more affordable than purchasing new hardware in the short term.. But I have Raspberry pi’s automating various aspects of my house — so this solution makes sense for me.

- Matt

I got the DynDNS to get the cameras to view remotely. Currently, I was viewing them when on the same network, wifi at the location.

How do I set up the remote view for the Qsee Cameras? Please advise and screenshots of the screen would be helpful.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got the DynDNS to get the cameras to view remotely. Currently, I was viewing them when on the same network, wifi at the location.

How do I set up the remote view for the Qsee Cameras? Please advise and screenshots of the screen would be helpful.
Hi @DesiKing

You want to use a VPN server on your LAN - typically running OpenVPN on your router, and using the VPN client on the remote view device.

There are VPN notes in the wiki, and most certainly you may need to find particular how-to instructions on which ever VPN software you decide to use, as often software gets updated and UI may have changed.

Keith93611

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E to replace my QC826 last week from Andy aat Empire tech via amazon. It's the exact same as the QC826. I can even plug the front panel into it if I choose to. My cameras (also mfg by Dahua work perfectly on it, all functions. Currently trying to get the cameras working through Blue Iris (bought here) because I don't like Smart PSS, same as QC View for PC but with alarms I can't get to turn off. Using BI requires me using a POE switch to plug the cameras into for an IP address.
See my other posts.
So using the Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E as a replacement was there any setup to get the cameras to work or was it a plug and play? besides the use and pass on the Cameras, I have the QC9093B, 16 of them and not wanting to replace. TIA~

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They should work fine just plugging them if the passwords are the same as the NVR. You can use the config tool to find the IP for each camera and enter them manually with their passwords if needed. You will still have to setup the NVR along with the settings you want.

Keith93611

n3wb
Reaction score
They should work fine just plugging them if the passwords are the same as the NVR. You can use the config tool to find the IP for each camera and enter them manually with their passwords if needed. You will still have to setup the NVR along with the settings you want.
Great News! Thanks~ I do have another question, since it looks like Q-See was using Dahua, has anyone tried to just flash the QC826 Firmware with the 5216-16P-4KS2E firmware?

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No idea. I still use it since I use openvpn to access it remotely.

hiten423

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have a downloaded copy of QC View for Windows 10 PC they can share?? I have searched everywhere and keep coming up with the Android APKs. Looking for the actual Windows PC install. TIA!

Sanaz2020

n3wb
Reaction score
The Q-See app is gone so you need another. Try DMSS, Tiny cam or just search for an camera viewing app. NOTE: you will not be able to remote view, read the thread.
What the app will do is allow you to see your cameras on your phone or ipad. But only at your home on your own network.
Hi, I tried DMSS and it is not working, how to fix this?

mikeycgee

n3wb
Reaction score
the app i use on all platforms to remote access 16 different Q-See cameras is called Guarding vision i use android ios andc windows

wangbina

n3wb
Reaction score
The Q-See app is gone so you need another. Try DMSS, Tiny cam or just search for an camera viewing app. NOTE: you will not be able to remote view, read the thread.
What the app will do is allow you to see your cameras on your phone or ipad. But only at your home on your own network.
Thanks! It works .

KEM13

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone found a mobile app I can view my QC cameras with outside of my network? I have a QC888 HD NVR. Currently using DMSS, but when I'm away from home and outside of my wifi network, it doesn't work.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone found a mobile app I can view my QC cameras with outside of my network? I have a QC888 HD NVR. Currently using DMSS, but when I'm away from home and outside of my wifi network, it doesn't work.
Yes, I use DMSS. There are a bunch that work. It's not the app that allows remote viewing so pretty much all of them work. You have to set up a home VPN through your router like Open VPN. Read the entire thread or search for "open VPN".