Putting Camouflage Tape On My Dahua 5442E-ZE Camera

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been using a Garmin Instinct for about two years. GPS is never actually used for anything other than tracking walks for distance. Then again, I don't go on long hikes/walks in areas I'm not familiar with. Nice to have it available though.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me know how it does with counting flights of stairs. I've had a total of three of them, sent two back, because they just don't seem to be anything close to accurate with flights of stairs. Otherwise, it's a great watch with good battery life.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, the camera arrived today in record time. It was shipped last Friday from China and arrived at my house here in SoCal at 10 am. Fastest time yet for me. :) Thank You Andy for the fast service. I have the camera set up on my test bench and have started the camouflage process. I have done the top half and so far it looks like a military helmet. Here is a picture.

Edit: I thought I had a POE injector that would work with this camera. However it does not work so I had to order another one. 75W this time to make sure.

100_1771.JPG

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Parley It'll count changes in elevation on a walk, hills, as flights of stairs. At least that's my experience. We have a ranch with a basement. Some days I don't have to go into the basement, but if I take a walk I can show 24 flights climbed and six or eight descended. Like I said, it's not great at counting stairs.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
@Parley It'll count changes in elevation on a walk, hills, as flights of stairs. At least that's my experience. We have a ranch with a basement. Some days I don't have to go into the basement, but if I take a walk I can show 24 flights climbed and six or eight descended. Like I said, it's not great at counting stairs.
I am interested in counting steps and distance when I walk. I have only had the watch for a few days and I am still getting used to it.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you had any issues with the cameras temperature with the duct tape? I'm thinking about doing this but worried the duct tape will keep the camera from dissipating the heat.